PDA

View Full Version : Three day argument with davie jones!

Cooper
08-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Well it took me three days of searching. Just put a wire drive in the pursuit, just wanted to make it easier to grease. She is the go to boat for me. I didn't have the right collet for 93 wire so I drilled out a smaller one. I didn't clean the collet and must have left a sharp edge and it broke the wire.
As it was no big deal as soon as it happened I knew what it was, or at least a good idea. And it was 10 feet away from a marker just going into a turn. So no big deal, I marked the
Spot got swim shorts on and went looking. It was in a river in about three feet of clear water with a black round rocky bottom. No problem I'll find it right away,,,, well an hour later I gave up. Went back again, nope. It was really frustrating me that I had about perfect conditions to find a shiny prop, stainless shaft, stainless dog and nut. It became a mission! Another day with several attempts on foot and in kayak. Nope. Another day, today, for about an hour n half on foot with magnet. Just couldn't figure how I could not see it. Just when I was defeated and explaining to the neighbor that I had spent three days looking for a $10 part (just said that but more like $30) and laughing I explained to him what I was looking for and picked it up and showed him!!!!

Rumdog
08-06-2012, 10:55 PM
How did you drill it out? Chances are, if you didn't use a lathe that the hole is off center.

Cooper
08-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Yea I thought that, one of the things that clicked when I pulled the trigger resulting in no go. It's not any hard setup , just sport, but yea that's why I didn't put another one in till I get the right collet.