PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Storm Hull Questions Racing Set up

electric
08-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Just got a new CyberStorm hull and I am going to start the build shortly. I plan to race it P-mono with a neu 1521 motor. I would like to hear from some folks who have raced this hull for set up tips. One of the questions I have is the placement of the stinger. Our race water here is typically pretty rough, so I would like to err towered the high side in the placement. Recommendations?

properchopper
08-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I personally drill 3/8" up from the very bottom; lets the hull settle in some. I love my Cyberstorm.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?16669-Bye-Bye-DF-33-Hello-Cyberstorm-32-!!&highlight=cyberstorm

electric
08-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks Tony, just what I needed. Laying down the Carbon Fiber/Kevlar cloth today. Hey, I literly came within 12 hours of moving back out to the West Coast(H.B.), but I got a counter offer that kept me here in Texas. Our club ran all day yesterday and you know it is a good day when you race and have some fun and all your boats come back in one piece.

How thick is that plywood you are using in the boat?? 1/4"?

properchopper
08-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Thanks Tony, just what I needed. Laying down the Carbon Fiber/Kevlar cloth today. Hey, I literly came within 12 hours of moving back out to the West Coast(H.B.), but I got a counter offer that kept me here in Texas. Our club ran all day yesterday and you know it is a good day when you race and have some fun and all your boats come back in one piece.

How thick is that plywood you are using in the boat?? 1/4"?

Yup, 1/4" birch-laminated ply.

Hey we need one more P-Mono to make the 5-minimum class requirement - Oh Well !!