PDA

View Full Version : Paypal has your back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

twissted
08-04-2012, 05:38 PM
:doh: house cleaning!

keithbradley
08-04-2012, 10:16 PM
So you're buying stuff that's cheap and not warrantied, then submitting a paypal claim when the company doesn't warranty your items?

This is what I hate about paypal. They have screwed so many retailers out of money...it ends up making it more expensive for the rest of us.

Cooper
08-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Yes I agree Keith, some people want to buy the cheapest least expensive product and have the best results from product and seller. It's like tools with me if I buy cheep flee market tools and they break or grow
Legs I'm not really bothered by it. But if I'm buying snap-on tools and paying top dollar then yes I expect a replacement and customer service. But we can't have both, inexpensive parts bought cheep with exceptional results and great customer service. Buy cheep stuff and expect cheep results. Buy quality product and expect experience and service.
Something's are best to buy cheep and some not.
Gotta pay to play.
One saying I like " speed cost money peaches, how much money you got, I'll tell ya how fast your gonna go!"

Basstronics
08-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Fella's...

Pay Pal isnt going to have your back IF the seller doesnt offer a warranty.

However if the seller offers a warranty and are refusing to warranty an item then Pay Pal has every right to step in. Cheap parts or not, if you as a seller offer a warranty expect people to take you up on it.

dana
08-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah wtf....

JrValente
08-05-2012, 09:14 PM
I hate Paypal. I had a claim submitted through Paypal and had to wait months for a credit and at first I was denied instantly with them not hearing me out. I had everything well documented and pictures of the incident and they finally reversed the decision. I had over 400 flawless transactions with them and that was my first ever claim and I got the crap end of the deal till I persistently tried to get it changed. The deal breaker is when I bought a firearm parts and that little bit ended my account for good(mind you this was with my paypal debit card with over a grand in the account buying something local). I like paying cash for purchases and try to buy local when I can but Im not a fan of paypal and how easily it is for anyone to be screwed out of cash either consumer or retailer. I have been trying to buy RC stuff online with USPS MO's but that has got me flat out refused twice now, so it looks like the evilbay/paypal company will be back in my life. My shooting forum its all about the USPS MO's which can be cashed instantly at the post office. They also carry some safety precautions but you are dealing more with trust in the transaction. Many thousands of transactions over there and they go without a hitch.

keithbradley
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Fella's...

Pay Pal isnt going to have your back IF the seller doesnt offer a warranty.

However if the seller offers a warranty and are refusing to warranty an item then Pay Pal has every right to step in. Cheap parts or not, if you as a seller offer a warranty expect people to take you up on it.

Apparently you've never had a bad paypal experience.
Trust me, paypal will absolutely screw you, whether you express a warranty or not. There are plenty of scams happening from the buyers end using paypal. It would be nice if it were all fair, but most of the time paypal has no info about what you're dealing with in the exchange. For example, if you sold a newbie a boat, and he dunked it and fried the electronics, he could make a paypal claim. Paypal would just see it as something that you sold that must have been bad, since it didn't last very long.
You can fight it but it takes a lot of effort.

twissted
08-05-2012, 09:38 PM
House Cleaning

twissted
08-05-2012, 10:00 PM
House Cleaning!

Alexgar
08-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Keith unfortunately it all about being honest,I have a friend that pushes warranties through even when he breaks things from abuse and neglect , there's always people out there who try to abuse a good thing

keithbradley
08-05-2012, 10:31 PM
As a seller you need to respond to the complaint and be honest. Not responding and trying to cover it up with a lot of I'll get back to you next week after week will bite you in the butt. This happened twice and it looks like a 3rd if hobbyking doesn't cover the KB45-08XL motors that keep blowing the bullet connectors off. The 180 esc throws enough current that the wires on the motor can't handle it. I'm running 4mm cooling lines and a custom water jacket that covers the motor body with about 1/8" on the ends. I'm using pick up tubes so water is not a issue. The last motor I was holding in my hand while running it and it popped and jerked and then a big pop as it blew the connector off the white wire. I'm trying to get a RMA number from them and they refuse. I will be turning it over to paypal on monday.

If you're melting the solder on the bullet connectors, the motor is wrong for your application. I know you think they should cover it, but it's not really their fault. You should data log it and find out how much current it's pulling, and then compare that to their claimed specs. I bet you aren't within the parameters they post.

dana
08-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Christ.....

dana
08-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Lemme get this thread str8. I buy something, destroy it, then get PayPal to get my money back..... Is this the general idea? I'll make sure NEVER to sell Twissted a damn thing

Cooper
08-05-2012, 11:26 PM
This is why I keep the right to refuse service / business to anyone and state that the customer is not always right. Unfortunately the days of people being honest are rare. As a consumer if I break it for whatever reasons then I bought it! Now under the rare occasion that there was a manufactureing defect and I was using the product in the way it was intended then yes warranty should cover it. Or if like hobby king then just realize who you bought it from and take the chance and buy another one or choose not to. The only reason I buy from hk is the price and you get what you pay for.

Cooper
08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
As a seller you need to respond to the complaint and be honest. Not responding and trying to cover it up with a lot of I'll get back to you next week after week will bite you in the butt. This happened twice and it looks like a 3rd if hobbyking doesn't cover the KB45-08XL motors that keep blowing the bullet connectors off. The 180 esc throws enough current that the wires on the motor can't handle it. I'm running 4mm cooling lines and a custom water jacket that covers the motor body with about 1/8" on the ends. I'm using pick up tubes so water is not a issue. The last motor I was holding in my hand while running it and it popped and jerked and then a big pop as it blew the connector off the white wire. I'm trying to get a RMA number from them and they refuse. I will be turning it over to paypal on monday.
By you turning that to pay pal you are raseing the prices for the rest of us

domwilson
08-06-2012, 02:25 AM
Paypal is a necessary evil. I recently bought a Android tablet for my niece. It came in a package that looked like it had already been opened. It powered on ok. I gave it to my niece. It worked for an hour. The battery in this thing would not charge. Contacted the seller who directed me to their website. It didn't have any information on it. Then I went to their forums. Oh boy! Read a lot of people having customer service problems with these people. Telling people that they didn't get the items back or that they wanted a 35% of selling price fee for warranty service. I contacted the seller again and after a few emails, they finally told me to return it. After a couple of weeks, they said they never got it. I offered to give them the shipping receipt. Suddenly they found it. Then they wanted me to pay for the warranty service. I looked on their website and they said if the item is returned within 60 days that they would replace it. I pointed this out. They said that it would take two weeks to repair it and that I would have to pay a fee. I refused. Then they tried to sell me a different tablet. I told them I just wanted this one replaced. This kept going on for almost two weeks. I filed a complaint with paypal. Their responses in paypal were great. That they would ship out a replacement immediately. But they kept sending me emails to the contrary. Wanting additional money for one thing or another. In addition, I had to close the paypal complaint first before they would do anything. Finally I filed for a refund. They responded that I need to send the old one back and to a different address. I sent paypal the email chain that I had with these crooks. Long story short, I finally got a refund. I read that this particular seller sends out defective items just so they can pull this scam. Considering that the box had already been opened, I can believe it. But I'm still out of 32.00 dollars to ship the thing back. Paypal came thru for me on this. Just as there are some bad buyers, there are equally bad sellers. If people were more honest on both sides, Paypal wouldn't be a necessity.

Basstronics
08-06-2012, 05:32 AM
This happened twice and it looks like a 3rd if hobbyking doesn't cover the KB45-08XL motors that keep blowing the bullet connectors off. The 180 esc throws enough current that the wires on the motor can't handle it. The last motor I was holding in my hand while running it and it popped and jerked and then a big pop as it blew the connector off the white wire. I'm trying to get a RMA number from them and they refuse. I will be turning it over to paypal on monday.

You obviously dont understand how this stuff works yet.

So waters cooling isnt a problem but your popping bullets off with the motor in your hand? I assume its getting cooled real good that way?

After 3 times and you think its defective products. I know every know and then you get a lemon, but usually not 3 times in a row. This is obviously user fault and until you get it fixed you will keep on having issues.

JrValente
08-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Paypal is a necessary evil. I recently bought a Android tablet for my niece. It came in a package that looked like it had already been opened. It powered on ok. I gave it to my niece. It worked for an hour. The battery in this thing would not charge. Contacted the seller who directed me to their website. It didn't have any information on it. Then I went to their forums. Oh boy! Read a lot of people having customer service problems with these people. Telling people that they didn't get the items back or that they wanted a 35% of selling price fee for warranty service. I contacted the seller again and after a few emails, they finally told me to return it. After a couple of weeks, they said they never got it. I offered to give them the shipping receipt. Suddenly they found it. Then they wanted me to pay for the warranty service. I looked on their website and they said if the item is returned within 60 days that they would replace it. I pointed this out. They said that it would take two weeks to repair it and that I would have to pay a fee. I refused. Then they tried to sell me a different tablet. I told them I just wanted this one replaced. This kept going on for almost two weeks. I filed a complaint with paypal. Their responses in paypal were great. That they would ship out a replacement immediately. But they kept sending me emails to the contrary. Wanting additional money for one thing or another. In addition, I had to close the paypal complaint first before they would do anything. Finally I filed for a refund. They responded that I need to send the old one back and to a different address. I sent paypal the email chain that I had with these crooks. Long story short, I finally got a refund. I read that this particular seller sends out defective items just so they can pull this scam. Considering that the box had already been opened, I can believe it. But I'm still out of 32.00 dollars to ship the thing back. Paypal came thru for me on this. Just as there are some bad buyers, there are equally bad sellers. If people were more honest on both sides, Paypal wouldn't be a necessity.

Seems like this could have been handled by reading into how the retailer conducts business first and most likely you would have moved on from a purchase through them. Also most credit cards will offer the same protection if you contact them directly. I have heard that going through the cc company has been a very positive experiences since if they dont try and satisfy the issue they have the chance that they wont get paid for it from you. Once you pay through paypal(bank account) your money is already gone and you have to fight for it back. Might be a better way to make online purchases from questionable retailers, but I always try to do my research before I buy from an online retailer.

siberianhusky
08-06-2012, 08:40 AM
Why does a certain Einstein quote come to mind! 3 times with the same motor and it didn't occur that it may be user related?! I don't have much use for HK but I have to say I actually feel for them THIS time!