PDA

View Full Version : servo problems

shannon87
08-04-2012, 03:48 AM
hi guys finally got my new boat was keen as to run it anyways taped it up starting doing my radio checks and the servo would turn the rudder fully to the left but not much to the right no matter how much i fiddled with the steering trim.

Any ideas on what might be going on would be great and while im thinking when i pulled the throttle it made a god awful noise greased shaft aligned properly might have to pull the stinger off to investigate as its a 2 piece 3/16 system.

dana
08-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Don't run motor out of water. It's bad and will sound bad. As for your steering? Make sure it moves freely, maybe it's getting caught up.

Fluid
08-04-2012, 09:32 AM
If you have explored all transmitter options, then the servo is likely bad. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago when I bought a new servo from the LHS, installed it, and it only turned right! Replaced it with another which worked fine. It could be a receiver issue, but try a different servo first.

shannon87
08-04-2012, 10:11 AM
hi dana it was just a slight touch of throttle and sounded absoulutely ghastly lol and the servo seems to be moving freely.

And fluid i have another servo lying in my apparition as its docked waiting for a new prop ill install it in my new boat tomorrow and see how it goes as i know it has worked great in my apparition ill just grab another one for it when its ready to go.

Thanks so much for your help

shannon87
08-04-2012, 09:46 PM
tried a different servo same problem it pulls the rudder hard to the left as soon as you plug the batteries in may have to take it to my LHS as they have a better idea than i do lol