PDA

View Full Version : Revolt 30 - Don't you miss the drain plug?

gyrotron
08-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi Guys,

Can some of you comment on having or not a drain plug on you boat hull? Pros and cons...if you please

Thx

tlandauer
08-04-2012, 12:31 AM
I personnally don't care for them on a RTR boat. The ones on some of these RTR's are difficult to open when new and the rubber grommet dries out and shrinks when old. I use a bent tip syringe to take out any water that is hard to reach.
Just my $.02

dana
08-04-2012, 08:52 AM
A turkey baster works well also

gyrotron
08-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I've been debating whether or not to install a drain plug. Here is what I think; if your boat is watertight then the only way you are going to get water inside is if you flip the boat and then it sinks. If you flip the boat and you have the hatch taped then you don't have too much to worry except for recovering of the boat. Now if it is not watertight and/or you did not use tape to secure the hatch; then the amount of water is going to be so masive that you better get the water out via the hull opening itself. I think the drain plug is efective when you have no more than 1/4" cup of water inside the hull and you don't have anything else to suck the water out. I believe that is why AQ/Grimracer decided not to install a water drain...