PDA

View Full Version : Another T180 Question (sorry)

jamie
08-01-2012, 08:52 PM
What does everyone use as a Low voltage cutoff setting & a Number of cells setting ? I know there have been glitches with some of these settings in the past but wasnt sure if the problems still persist with the latest ESC's. I am running 4S. Should i just set at no protection & auto calculate cells ?

Thanks in advance.

Heaving Earth
08-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Set lvc to 3.0 and use 4s. Auto calculate isn't exactly the best way unless you're running different batteries of different cell counts

kendt
08-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I cant speak for the 180's specificaly but in general I have found it to do more harm than good. I stopped using them a while ago. Get a cheap digital timer and time your runs. Keep em shorter at first and check the packs when you come in and gradually run longer until you are getting them down as low as you feel comfy with.

Heaving Earth
08-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I've seen tons of people turning lvc off. I run all mine at 3.0 with no issue. I dunno wtf the problem is with others 180 esc's?!!?! Mine is fine.

kendt
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Its likely more to do with the battery than the esc.s. If even one cell dips too much it can shut it down. Cheeper packs are more likely to dip lower than better quality packs.

Heaving Earth
08-01-2012, 09:07 PM
I use sky lipos. Not exactly what is considered "quality". Maybe they're as good as the expensive packs?

kendt
08-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Yes i use them as well. No real complaints other than i find its taking much longer to get them ballance than it used to. Over all a pretty decent battery for the price. As far as lvc goes it can even vary from pack to pack. Your packs will be different than mine even though from the same manufacturer. May explain why you dont have issues with the lvc. I personally have not had good luck with it. I also am leary of the accuracy of them. I'd never want to run them close to the point of no return voltage wise cause if they're inaccurate you could run cells lower than it is reallty safe to.Again just personal preference.

Heaving Earth
08-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Fair enough -)

jamie
08-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I am just setting one up for the first time and am very watchfull with run times etc.. I have just read about it quite a few times on here & want to do the right thing. I have some Turnigy packs to run in it so maybe they could be an issue?

maxmekker
08-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Turnigy should not be an issue. I to, as H earth say's, run my T180 with 3,00 in LVC and I DON'T use auto count( used to before I got the P card) but with the program card it's like 5 sec to change the setting from . say 4s to 5s settup . I have only Turnigy lipo's (both blue and nano's) and it's newer been a problem, and bothe the lipos and T180 have held up i several boats for over 2 years.
Try to start of with cutoff at the setting above 3,0 and se how much the pack's volt is and how much recharge they take when you get home .

happy boating.

martin
08-02-2012, 05:23 AM
I have found setting at 2.8v or 3v they work ok but if you set at 3.2v or 3.4v the lvc will cut in to early even from the start of the run, this is with new good quality packs. Still best to time runs & i also use a warning buzzer set at 3.4v on the lipo.

jamie
08-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for all the info guys ... I will set at 3.0 volts and 4 cells.