PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of emptying my tiny(80 count?) PM box......how can it hold more PLEASE?

Make-a-Wake
08-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I have a 2,000 count pm box on RCG and like an 87 or some weird number here..................I get so tired of writing a big long PM and hit send only for it to say its full AFTER i write it, then its gone and I have to re-write the whole thing!!!!! You would think at LEAST it would show full when it is...................

For such and advanced forum this is really odd.:confused1: Thanks

Doug Smock
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Click on "Settings" at the top of the page. Scroll down to and click on "General settings". Now scroll down and click on" Private messaging off" Problem solved. LOL
Seriously, weather you have 80 PMs or 8000, at some point in time you're going to have to take out the trash.:wink:

Make-a-Wake
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Wow!! If its that simple i feel like an idiot................but I cant get any that way...............hey, you kidder!!!

Make-a-Wake
08-01-2012, 05:43 PM
So no ability to make it larger......................or at least to tell when its full???? Heck i dont even know how many it holds.............something in the 80's I think???????

I do take out the trash, but I like to keep important ones handy, how big is your pm box?

Chilli
08-01-2012, 05:45 PM
RCG also has sponsors (Hobby King, Servo City, X-heli, etc..) that help pay for the extra storage.

I cut and paste any important info to MS Word and store it.

Doug Smock
08-01-2012, 06:18 PM
So no ability to make it larger......................or at least to tell when its full???? Heck i dont even know how many it holds.............something in the 80's I think???????

I do take out the trash, but I like to keep important ones handy, how big is your pm box?

Look down at the bottom of your PM box and it should tell you the capacity. Mine has always been 250 total for sent and received.
Like Chilli I copy the important ones to Word just in case something happens to the forum. I lost some good stuff when RRR was hacked a few years ago.:cursing:
Doug

Make-a-Wake
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
OK, mine is 75, surely a "Senior member" from 2009 can get a bigger box????????? Thanks in advance for your help!!:Peace_Sign:

egneg
08-01-2012, 07:07 PM
OK, mine is 75, surely a "Senior member" from 2009 can get a bigger box????????? Thanks in advance for your help!!:Peace_Sign:

It used to be 50.

Doug Smock
08-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Apparently you talk too much for the time you have been on the forum. LOL:just-kidding:
I don't have any idea if that can be adjusted or not.:blush:
Hopefully Steven will chime in here.
Doug:Peace_Sign:

Doby
08-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Why do you need more...pack rat syndrom? Hoarder?

sanyijr
08-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Why do you need more...pack rat syndrom? Hoarder?

Good one. No, Make-A-Wake wants to know he is loved :hug1: And just to let you know, you are appreciated. I guess you should just take it as a compliment...till steve (or whoever controls the internets based forum) up the capacity.

Some days I am still in awe (how the hell do you spell that) of this computer technology and i grew up with it more or less...:noidea:

Sean

Brushless55
08-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Click on "Settings" at the top of the page. Scroll down to and click on "General settings". Now scroll down and click on" Private messaging off" Problem solved. LOL
Seriously, weather you have 80 PMs or 8000, at some point in time you're going to have to take out the trash.:wink:

but doesnt shutting that off keep people from sending pm's ?

Doug Smock
08-18-2012, 01:25 PM
but doesnt shutting that off keep people from sending pm's ?

Yes sir,:wink:

ManuelW
08-18-2012, 06:03 PM
well may sound funny but I'd be also in favour of a bigger PM box. I'd even pay a donnation like $5 or $10 to support Steven and OSE. Thats how they do it also in the german Hydroworld forum. For a little PayPal donnation you can support the forum and the people who run it, besides that you get a bigger PM box and if you want a little status that shows you are a sponsor.

There have been days when I got more than 5 PM's and also my box tends always to be full.

regards,
Manuel

Make-a-Wake
08-18-2012, 06:45 PM
well may sound funny but I'd be also in favour of a bigger PM box. There have been days when I got more than 5 PM's and also my box tends always to be full.

regards,
Manuel

I have gained a "Plus" status on RCG and my box went up to 2,000.....................and just as you said, you get 4-5 pm's in one day and its full before you even realize it.

JimClark
08-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Horders:biggrin:

Make-a-Wake
08-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Horders:biggrin:

I just like to keep the important ones....................

and BTW, the for sale threads are filling up with the "pm sent" posts again:olleyes:

JimClark
08-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Help out by reporting the threads

I just like to keep the important ones....................

and BTW, the for sale threads are filling up with the "pm sent" posts again:olleyes: