PDA

View Full Version : Revolt RTR ordered

Tom899
07-29-2012, 06:53 PM
I ordered a white Revolt RTR today! Also ordered some batteries, tape, grease, etc... I originally ordered a Proboat Blackjack 29 but the availability is pushed back to October, too late for Michigan weather. So, looking forward to my new Revolt! I hope I can set it up properly.
Thanks,
Tom

stumblinh
07-29-2012, 08:01 PM
the x642 cleaned up is a great prop for a touch of added speed to stock :) She's pretty nice right out of the box.. a bunch of us just got this boat and we have been having a blast. Man these things are hard on lipo's though...

Tom899
07-30-2012, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the prop info, I ordered a prop balancer to check and clean up the stock prop and then sharpen. I didn't know what to get for batteries, I ordered (4) Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 2S 45~90C Lipo Packs to start with. Is there a good starting point for the Strut, Rudder, and CG adjustments? Any other tips are appreciated.

NissanGTR
07-30-2012, 07:27 PM
where in michigan?

Tom899
07-30-2012, 08:10 PM
where in michigan?
Brownstown

stumblinh
07-30-2012, 10:01 PM
I've only got one run on my new zippy compact 3300mAH 35c 4s packs, but I run a pair of them in parallel for a total of 6600mAH 70c 4s lipo... these are (again so far) 100x better than the nanotech race packs. Boat feels faster and got way more run time, the zippy 'compact' were a way lower temp as well. I've actually poofed a couple of the nanotech 6600 race packs with normal use and nowhere near LVC,, they are not very good.

I made a foam spacer for the front and keep my packs side x side and toward the back of the battery tray. Adjusting will be minimal from stock if its' like my boat.

longballlumber
07-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Brownstown

FYI our MMEU club will be hosting a 2 day FE event this month... http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?34731-***mmeu-p-shootout-moves-to-north-oakland-elks-lodge***

www.mmeu.com

Later,
Mike

Tom899
07-31-2012, 05:20 PM
FYI our MMEU club will be hosting a 2 day FE event this month... http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?34731-***mmeu-p-shootout-moves-to-north-oakland-elks-lodge***

www.mmeu.com

Later,
Mike

Thanks Mike

Mike Caruso
07-31-2012, 06:32 PM
I ordered a white Revolt RTR today! Also ordered some batteries, tape, grease, etc... I originally ordered a Proboat Blackjack 29 but the availability is pushed back to October, too late for Michigan weather. So, looking forward to my new Revolt! I hope I can set it up properly.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom,
Great you will love it. I have a new white one just about ready for the water. I have to load up pictures after I get finished. Take your time getting ready for the water.
MC

Tom899
07-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Tom,
Great you will love it. I have a new white one just about ready for the water. I have to load up pictures after I get finished. Take your time getting ready for the water.
MC

Thanks Mike, I do plan on taking my time getting ready, since my batteries won't be here until next week. My boat and other accessories will arrive tomorrow though. I'll probably spend a great deal of time sharpening and balancing while I'm waiting. I also have a bunch of EC5 connectors to wire in. My PowerLab 6 charger came with them so I guess I will change everything over.

Mike Caruso
08-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes I have changed mine also and I have to do wiring tonight. Then take pictures I added a small piece of wood to the front and back of the battery tray. Just the end contour shape of the battery tray and they do not contact the hull. Used Shoe Goo works great and fast. My first electric boat so I bought the Grim 4S battery I like the way it fits down in the center. I guess it is a little heavy but it will be just fine for me to start. I installed a Hughey .150" cable and an Aeromarine Collet which is heavy but it will act like a flywheel a tad. I always had good luck on Nitro powered boats with a slightly heavier flywheel. it seems to help if you are trying to turn a big prop. I could be wrong on this for electric motors but the Oval and SAW racers will know.
Mike