PDA

View Full Version : Programming the esc t 180

itspfo
07-29-2012, 10:11 AM
After i plug in the esc to the program card. And I plug in the battery. I get nothing to display of the program card. Is it a bad card or am I doing something wrong. It looks kind of basic deal is there anyway to check the card to see if its bad

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 10:18 AM
You have to wait like 5 seconds for the card to display after you plug it in

itspfo
07-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Ive waited for 30 sec and there is no display that ever lights up. If I try to do it with out the card and program by plugging the esc into the reciever channel 2.
holding the trigger full throtel for 2 sec. I get no beeps at all. Is my problem some where in the esc. or could it be the reciever

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Are you plugging into the correct input? There are two on the card, one is for use with bec, the other is for use without

itspfo
07-29-2012, 11:37 AM
yes im using the correct plug inn. one has just for power and the other is for the esc

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't think so. They're both for esc. One uses bec the other does not. Do you use bec? Which one are you plugged into if you're looking at the face of program card, top right or top left?

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 11:50 AM
I assume you aren't using external power to the esc, in which case you want to plug into the top right input. Make sure you have the plug in the correct orientation. Leave the other input empty, you don't need it. Now plug in your batteries and it should come on

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Also, what radio are you using? Most radios require the throttle channel to be reversed, and on tactic the throttle trim should be all the way up

itspfo
07-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Looking at the card using the top right slot. Ive plug in the esc and then battery. I get nothing on the card but the esc blinks but does'nt make any noise(beeps) Now the controller im using is the one that came with the boat. Its a CY3S 2.4 DSSS and the reciever is the same to match made by digital proportional r/c system. Do i need to have the controller on

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
You won't get beeping when you have program card plugged into esc.

Heaving Earth
07-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Can you show a pic of what you're doing?

maxmekker
07-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Here is how I do mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=act-jrhOZ4Q&list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ&index=45&feature=plpp_video

Notice that I have all the 3 wires from the T180 into the P Card. When I run my boat I have removed the red wire since I run with a receiver pack onboard. To eliminate having to fiddle with the red wire from the T180, I got a extension wire between the T180 and receiver, and pulling the red wire in that one, so when I want to program the T180 when racing I just remove the extension cord and plugg the T180 wire into the P.Card ( hope that made sence)

you can just about make it out on this pic.