PDA

View Full Version : Spektrum DX2S screen not turning on

Shawn
07-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Hey folks.

I have a brand new Spektrum DX2S fresh out of the box and I went to bind it but the screen won't turn on.

Any thoughts? Brand new AA batteries, binding plug and power pack in the proper ports etc.

runzwithsizorz
07-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Really need more info. The "screen" always turns on, even if there is no Rx present.???? IS there nothing? What Rx are you trying to bind it to? Is it powered? and how? Are/did you follow instructions for first time use?

Heaving Earth
07-28-2012, 07:05 PM
You got a broken radio IMO

Shawn
07-28-2012, 07:21 PM
There is no screen at all, that's the problem. Nothing, nada - lol. I think Heaven is right.

I'm super bummed. Lately everything i do with my boat turns into quadruple effort.

I turned everything on in the order the instructions say, hold the roller/selector button down (even though the screen is blank) for three second and nothing pops up.

Heaving Earth
07-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I would pack it right back up. Return.
My $36 flysky works great.
Personally, I don't care for spectrum.

Shawn
07-28-2012, 07:50 PM
I bought it from A-Main in early June and their receipt says 30 days but for defects deal with mfg. I didn't open it then other than to look at it because I had so much work to do on my boat. I think I'm hosed. What really stinks is I felt like I did my homework. I wanted a system that I could grow with.

Hopefully Spektrum//Horizon will be easy to deal with. For one thing I don't think I should get stuck paying for shipping.

Heaving Earth
07-28-2012, 08:14 PM
Horizon is good to deal with. They will give you a code to give to ups and you won't pay shipping.
Just explain the problem and tell them you would not like to pay shipping.

JimClark
07-28-2012, 08:55 PM
No doubt you will get it taken care of but i have to ask you do have the batteries in correctly don't you?

Heaving Earth
07-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Good question Jim

Shawn
07-28-2012, 09:29 PM
That's a fair question but yeah I do. :)

The light turns on down on the pistol's main button and FWIW the receiver lights up as well.

Good to know about Horizon!

Thanks for all the help, I'm feeling better overall about the situation.

Shawn
07-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Just a follow up here.

Spoke to a Horizon rep in the service department today. After I explained my situation the rep emailed me a UPS shipping slip without any hesitation at all. This way I can send my system back and swap for a new one without paying shipping. Very courteous service all around.

Hopefully when I get my new radio I'll be able to quickly put all of this behind me. Thanks again for the help!