PDA

View Full Version : series connections

rotax583
07-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I am very new to this sport i have and electrical question if anyone can answer any help would be appreciated the boat I am running is a 32 inch cat it has a 1300 kv name?and a 240amp hydra series esc wired in series with a 6 amp bec it has the four wire ends 2 positive soldered together two negatives soldered ran in series can I take 2 2 cell put a series y on them make another and hook them on the esc ends to run 4 two cells to make 8 cells the reason I am asking I have about 20 two cell batteries all from running my rc trucks and cars. and cant really afford the 2 four cells right now thanx again.

LOVE6S
07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Kinda confusing to me, first if you HAD 2 4s lipos now, what would your setup be? do you want two 4s lipos in paraelle for 4s, or two 4s in series for 8s and whats on the esc for bullet conn, what size?

Heaving Earth
07-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Huh?!?!? Ya you can run Four 2s packs series to make 8s if that is what your asking. Not very effeciang tho

LOVE6S
07-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Probally would get hot with all that wire on 8s, if you just wanted to use up some 2s batteries, you could shorten the wires some, or not, put large bullet conn on them, plug them into each other, pos to neg, till left with one pos and neg and then plug into esc, would have to be same mah and c rating on all batts.