PDA

View Full Version : ToysPort Syncron

NorthernBoater
05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Here are some pictures of the Syncron I am working on. Once I receive the motor mount I will put in the SV27 motor.

Steven Vaccaro
05-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Looking good. Dont forget the tub test when your completely done.

NorthernBoater
05-15-2007, 11:52 PM
I have epoxied the fiberglass cloth over the drive shaft and the and the motor mount. Neither is going anywhere. I am unsure where to place the batteries still though. I will be using two 14.8 LiPo packs in parallel that are from Battlepacks and with the flood chamber there is not much room on that side. I will most likely have to take some foam out and put one closer to the front.

Steven Vaccaro
05-16-2007, 12:06 AM
This is how I set up mine.

NorthernBoater
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I completed the boat this morning and had it out running. Since I did not have a parallel connector for the batteries I did not want to push the LiPo cells to much. I was able to get 26 mph with a 40 mm carbon prop and with the low timing setting on the hydra. Once I get the connector I am going to start increasing both. I also have to say the Spektrum radio was great! I just had the antenna taped to the inside of the hull and there were no range issues with this setup.

SJFE
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Looking good. It's nice when you finaly get them in the water isent it:). I was lookin @ the turn fin. I mounted mine low like that and Mr Smock advised me by getting it out of the water you can pick some speed up by lowering drag. You may want to aline the bracket with the angle of the vee and bring it all the way up to the chine. I did the same thing on the bullet. If you seen the clips it turns like its on rails. Just a suggestion. Nice build man:).

NorthernBoater
05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the tip I will do that. This forum has been a tremendous help. On your bullet at what angle do you have the strut at.

SJFE
05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I am still tuning it. The last run it was up 3 degrees. Needless to say it was just a tick to far. Befor I lower it I am going to bring the tabs down even with the hull. After that test I will move the strut if need be. I am keeping to the same system I used with my touring cars. One small ajustment at a time. It is a bit more difficult here because I have no setup racks or matt to fine tune. It's just a straight edge and battery placment.

Steven Vaccaro
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Depending on conditions, I run all the way up to a x646 with a 9xl. Any larger diameter and I found handling problems. I want to try a couple of prather props this summer.

wickedgmc
08-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Steven, can you post a picture of the back of your boat. I would like to see how you mounted the turn fin

whiplash
09-15-2007, 05:41 AM
is that a sv motor?

whiplash
09-15-2007, 05:42 AM
where can i find the syncron hulls?

Tunda
09-15-2007, 05:50 AM
over here.........................

NorthernBoater
09-15-2007, 01:11 PM
is that a sv motor?

In the photo it is the SV27 motor. I am currently running a 8XL and I have run a 9XL also in it.

Stealth Assassin
09-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Steven,
How did you mount the esc to the top of the motor?

Steven Vaccaro
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Steven,
How did you mount the esc to the top of the motor?

Velcro on the water jacket and on the bottom of the esc. What isnt in that picture is a velcro strap that I put around the motor and esc. Not to loose but not to tight. Basically just to make sure it stays in place.