PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Good Kitty

bigwaveohs
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Looking for a performance cat hull...is the Aero Mean Machine worthwhile? Can it handle 6S? Is the Geico hull worth considering?

dana
07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
mean machine is the best handling cat period

Fluid
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
The Mean Machine is a better choice for higher speeds, the MG hull doesn't like to crash at 60+ mph. Keeping it on the water at over 60 mph can be a challenge, it is a rater small boat after all. If you want to use 6S to extend run time rather than increase speed, it will work well. As Dana said, it is a very good handling cat. The Motley Crew handles about as well, but it will not handle a high-speed crash either. Both RTR boats (Geico and Motley) have hulls built to a price point, they are not as robust as a MM ordered from OSE or Aeromarine. The "water damaged" MM hulls are lighter and less robust than the regular ones.

LOVE6S
07-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Jay, do you know if the damaged hulls are still decent, I wonder if all the good ones are gone, I heard they were in pretty good shape, but that was awhile ago, thanks Shawn.
The Mean Machine is a better choice for higher speeds, the MG hull doesn't like to crash at 60+ mph. Keeping it on the water at over 60 mph can be a challenge, it is a rater small boat after all. If you want to use 6S to extend run time rather than increase speed, it will work well. As Dana said, it is a very good handling cat. The Motley Crew handles about as well, but it will not handle a high-speed crash either. Both RTR boats (Geico and Motley) have hulls built to a price point, they are not as robust as a MM ordered from OSE or Aeromarine. The "water damaged" MM hulls are lighter and less robust than the regular ones.

dana
07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I bought my mean machine from ose and put speedmaster hardware on it. It is an AWESOME boat!!!

LOVE6S
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I know I have one now, just was wondering about those damaged ones, they are 90 with all hardware.

LOVE6S
07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
probally messn up this guys thread, sorry