PDA

View Full Version : Revolt 30 Speed help...

kobiwan73
07-22-2012, 11:43 PM
I just ordered a Revolt 30. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I need to put in the boat to obtain speeds of about the mid 40s. This is my first boat. I quit racing touring car. Wanted to try something different and just play around and have some fun. So any info will be greatly appreciated. Please include part numbers if possible.

driftah
07-23-2012, 12:26 AM
from what I have heard people are epoxy coating insides,getting new flexshafts,possibly couplers,and make sure to get the prop sharpened and balanced...there is also an aquacraft section on the forums that has tons more info.

Alexgar
07-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Good liposuction and a s/b prop should get you off to a good start

Alexgar
07-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Sorry meant lipos. My phone did that

nickB722
07-23-2012, 01:20 AM
The Revolt section has quite a bit of info on this. From what I recall, an Octura x642 or m445 help boost the top end on the Revolt considerably.

Diegoboy
07-23-2012, 09:08 AM
thread moved

kobiwan73
07-23-2012, 05:46 PM
The Revolt section has quite a bit of info on this. From what I recall, an Octura x642 or m445 help boost the top end on the Revolt considerably.

Thanks. Now this will be my first boat. From what I understand you have to balance and sharpen a new prop? I have never done this and am worried I will mess up the prop. Is there any place that sells props already sharpened. I know off shore elecrics does, but they seem to be out of stock at the moment. Do you of anywhere else?

kobiwan73
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
I am used to running where there is electricity outlets available. Where I will be running my boat there won't be. What should I use to power my charger? I was thinking a car battery?

Shovelnoserc
07-23-2012, 06:46 PM
If Your charger is capable of a 12v input then yeah. Remember to make sure your battery is not drained and you are not left stranded. It's a very fun boat. Run it and tweak it a lil bit and you'll be having fun.

I've seen some reviews that are not so great. You should double check the servo tray and motor mount, to make sure that they are attached to the Hull and won't come off during your run. Make sure you keep your shaft greased and tape your hatch to keep water out of the hull.

Balancing and sharpening the prop will increase the performance of the boat.

kobiwan73
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
If Your charger is capable of a 12v input then yeah. Remember to make sure your battery is not drained and you are not left stranded. It's a very fun boat. Run it and tweak it a lil bit and you'll be having fun.

I've seen some reviews that are not so great. You should double check the servo tray and motor mount, to make sure that they are attached to the Hull and won't come off during your run. Make sure you keep your shaft greased and tape your hatch to keep water out of the hull.

Balancing and sharpening the prop will increase the performance of the boat.

Thank you

nickB722
07-24-2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks. Now this will be my first boat. From what I understand you have to balance and sharpen a new prop? I have never done this and am worried I will mess up the prop. Is there any place that sells props already sharpened. I know off shore elecrics does, but they seem to be out of stock at the moment. Do you of anywhere else?

I recently got my first hobby grade boat as well, so sharpening and balancing props was new to me too (granted I have experience as a machinist and in working on full scale boats). It's not a very difficult process, just takes a file or two, a balancer, protective equipment, time, and patience. I had my m445 balanced, sharpened, and polished within a couple hours. I'm sure it's not perfect, beautiful or up to racing standards, but it's good enough to improve the boat's performance and balance in a static sense. There's a how-to article on the tips section of the OSE main site.