PDA

View Full Version : Hitech Waterproof servo and MR 200 problem

Rich
07-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Has anybody had a problem with this combo. I have this in my MHZ shockwave and the servo glitches all over the place! I tried a different Rx and it seems fine. It also does it on my MR 3000. I sent both rxs to horizon and they tested out fine. I even plugged both rxs into a different servo with no problems. I added a glitch buster to the MR 200 and it seemed to help out but the waterproof servo still glitches....Any thoughts?

tlandauer
07-22-2012, 04:36 PM
YES! YES! YES!! I have just the same problem, I was in the process of restoring a PB BlackJack26, I used a Hitech HS-645MG servo, with the MR200, it glitches like crazy, so I went to LHS, bought another MR200, same thing, returned the servo, got another one, no luck!, had to use Tactic and problem was gone. I have used the same servo on my Fastech but with MR3000, no problem there. So now I have two MR200, guess there is some compatibility issues here, so glad you posted,:bowdown: I wasn't sure if it was just me being crazy or not. phew!!!

siberianhusky
07-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Had that problem in a nitro boat, but only when an analog and digital servo were used together. And only did it with the hitech servo, any other combo worked fine.
Luckily I'm not a hitech fan, only have the one, only got it because it was in stock at the LHS and I needed a servo quick.
Could it be the hitech and the esc don't like each other? I have no idea why the hitech didn't like other throttle servos in my setup.
Does it do it without the esc? Just the servo and a battery plugged in?

tlandauer
07-22-2012, 05:07 PM
That is a distinct possibility, I did not notice this situation when I was using a receiver pack to center the servo. It never occured to me that the ESC would be the issue, come to think of it on my Fastech I was using a Seaking ESC, I bought a Proboat 1800kv/60amp ESC here, wanted to use them on the BJ26. Anyway, I am using my Tactic and when I have time will look into it. Thanks!

Doug Smock
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Although I haven't tried it they say you need this. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/spektrum-signal-line-voltage-booster-SPMCP
To stop this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_U9eC4sM8&feature=g-upl
Note that the servo is rock solid on the throttle channel.:confused2:

Doug

tlandauer
07-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Will give it a try, didn't know about this product, thanks!
I used both the Tactic and the MR200 to center the servo, but I did not crank the steering wheel left and right when I was doing that, so besides the possibility that the ESC is at fault I really need to look into it further and more thoroughly. As I said, since the servo behaved correctly connected with the ESC and the Tactic , I stopped my frustration right there and then, and hit the water!:roflol:
Maybe the signal on the throttle channel is stronger?:confused2:

Rich
07-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Will give it a try, didn't know about this product, thanks!
I used both the Tactic and the MR200 to center the servo, but I did not crank the steering wheel left and right when I was doing that, so besides the possibility that the ESC is at fault I really need to look into it further and more thoroughly. As I said, since the servo behaved correctly connected with the ESC and the Tactic , I stopped my frustration right there and then, and hit the water!:roflol:
Maybe the signal on the throttle channel is stronger?:confused2:

I to am running a seaking esc. I though that was the problem but its not. I bound a sr3000 rx and tried that and it works fine in the boat with that servo. I am adding a BEC to see if that helps.

Doug!!! You are my hero! I will add one of those too and see if that helps. It's only the waterproof servos and the marine rxs that I have had this problem with.

Rich
08-15-2012, 06:11 PM
Although I haven't tried it they say you need this. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/spektrum-signal-line-voltage-booster-SPMCP
To stop this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_U9eC4sM8&feature=g-upl
Note that the servo is rock solid on the throttle channel.:confused2:

Doug
Doug you are a genius! I just got the signal booster and tired it in my house the glitch is gone!! Now I can get my other mr200 fixed and use it in one of my other boats!

Doug Smock
08-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I can't take credit for it Rich, but I'm really glad that it works and solved your problem!:thumbup1:
Doug:beerchug:

line6
08-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Yep, Doug is right on the money. Its the rx. That servo works in with my fasst setup

Jason Sims.

tlandauer
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I am grateful too,just ordered two units from HorizonHobby. I do like these servo's alot and the best thing is my LHS carries them. Now i don't have to worry anymore.:banana:
Thanks !

line6
08-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Ya cool servo and the price isn't bad. Only done side is they are a oddball size. Problem on a few of my boats.

1945dave
08-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Rich, are you fully happy now? Did anyone ever isolate the battery pack so the servo did not draw its power from the BEC? There are several premade battery servo leads and a ton of articles showing how to make one yourself if the current draw is the problem. I recently had this problem and it turned out that my new high powered Hi-Tec servo drew almost 5 amps and the BEC struggles to deliver 3 amps. By using this simple cable I was able to use a separate battery pack and the problem went away. Not sure your problem and mine are the same but the symptom was the same.

Dave

Rich
08-16-2012, 06:53 PM
I can't take credit for it Rich, but I'm really glad that it works and solved your problem!:thumbup1:
Doug:beerchug:
I will give you that credit for knowing it anyway! Thanks again!

Rich, are you fully happy now? Did anyone ever isolate the battery pack so the servo did not draw its power from the BEC? There are several premade battery servo leads and a ton of articles showing how to make one yourself if the current draw is the problem. I recently had this problem and it turned out that my new high powered Hi-Tec servo drew almost 5 amps and the BEC struggles to deliver 3 amps. By using this simple cable I was able to use a separate battery pack and the problem went away. Not sure your problem and mine are the same but the symptom was the same.

Dave
Dave, I tried all other rxs with the same servo and esc; it worked just fine with all but the mr200 and mr3000. That being said, I don't think amp draw is my problem.

Rich
08-16-2012, 08:11 PM
I took the boat out for a true test and I didn't see a glitch at all! Heck yeah!