PDA

View Full Version : Impulse Dual rudder?

svtfrank
07-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Have any of you impulse 31 owners out there put the dual rudder kit on your boat? How did it work out for you? Handling improve at all? My 2 main concerns for this kit were 1. would it improve straight line stability? I've never been able to hold mine wide open for more than a couple seconds before it started to chine walk and if you didn't get out of the throttle.........FUBAR!!!! I probably should mention its propped, bigger motor.....gps'd at 50 but I think it would have registered faster if i could hold it open a little longer and the second concern is the extra cooling. I'm a little under esc'd here.....only 120 amp. it tends to run hot and go to thermal shut down sometimes even though I had cooling going through the esc first it would hit 160 or so while the motor never went over 110 now there'll be 2 speprate cooling systems I think it would better. I haven't got a chance to run it yet. Was just looking for some input from others that have tried this setup. Thanks all for any advice.

nickB722
07-22-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a thread a page back in this section about Darin and one of the other members running the dual rudders on the Impulse. Seems like it improved stability, dropped top speed a bit, and helped with cornering.

BOS SVT
07-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey guys, I have the dual rudder setup on mine. In truth I bought it used and already had it done (Plus leapord 4074, upgraded shaft, X447 prop, Seaking 180 ESC and extra cooling lines. I have run the boat 1 time so far and seemed to handle great. Prop fell off so now need to get another one. This is my first boat so very happy with the way it handles.