PDA

View Full Version : fightercat cheetah hull question

snowsurfer
07-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey Guys,

Does the FC cheetah hull require dull drives or can it be a single drive? If it can be a single drive I might go with it. If not, I'll get a mean machine.

Cheers,

Mike

Fluid
07-19-2012, 04:58 PM
It can certainly be built as a single drive. Most cats can be configured either way.

snowsurfer
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Which one would be the better hull to get? The cheetah or the mean machine?

siberianhusky
07-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Personally I'd go MM, great running hulls and made in north america as opposed to china.
Not sure about the cheap water damaged nitro MM hulls though.
I've owned a couple other Aeromarine hulls and really like the quality.

steveo
07-20-2012, 07:46 AM
i think either one is a good choice the mean machine has been around for a while and there is more than enough info and builds threads for u to look at plus the new mean machine 2 has has a better hatch than the version 1, the cheetah has not been out to long but with good results there is just not a ton of info on the boat YET give it time. what i think depends is how big of a boat do u want the MM is 29" and the cheetah is 34" and how deep are ur pockets for the rest of build this also might swing your decision

RIPFENCE
07-20-2012, 08:25 AM
the mean machine is proven..but i think (guessing) the cheetah has more potential not quite as prone to flip in the choppy stuff..i am finishing a cheetah now so time will tell for me..i have had a mean machine i ran for 2 seasons and it was great but i could not hold it down above 60 especially if there was above 1 inch chop on the water.it did corner like a bastard though..keith B has a nice vid of a cheetah he has run and it appears to be very stable and turn well also..you are not going to lose with either one..

T.S.Davis
07-20-2012, 10:33 AM
We tried to run a Cheeta on spec power. A touch too much boat for spec. Where as a MM should be okay on spec power.

I think the Cheeta will handle more ponies though. We haven't pushed one hard yet but we have a couple in the club. One guy is threatening to throw a 1527/1y on 6s in there. Yikes.