PDA

View Full Version : Central r/c Hobbies 58" Fountain

radioshack069
07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
:help::help:Hey guys I'm stepping into building a boat and it's gonna be the 58" Fountain mono from central R/C Hobbies. I know it's a big job to build a boat that big but I think that with a little guidance from you guys I can get it done. One of the things I need guidance on is the motor/esc combo. I wanna be in the 40-50+mph range. I'm not opposed to spending 300-400+ for each of those two items. I'm going single drive with it too. If you could also suggest a place to start with the prop also that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for any input and help you guys can give. :confused1:

P.S. I like many others am not here to be told I can't do something and that I'm in over my head.:thumbdown: I know I need help and am willing to take any HELPFUL advice I can get.:rockon2: thanks guys

ElectricOnly
08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
What is the width on that boat. Its a sweet hull. Rick does nice work. Light build for electric or just went with his standard?

As far as setup I would run a 5692-730Kv 3Y on 10S with a Octura x457/3; should get you in the 45-50+ mph range.

If you don't mind spending a little more a better option would be the Neu-Castle 2028-780kv.