PDA

View Full Version : Dual pickup rudder?

yfzbrad
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Does anyone know a dual pickup rudder that fits the MG? Maybe one that will fit the stock rudder bracket? I really want to do a separate cooling line for the motor and for the esc. I would really rather run a dual pickup rudder than a second separate pickup, for drag reasons. Any help would be appreciated.

Make-a-Wake
07-17-2012, 11:46 PM
You can get the big 6 incher from here on OSE and hack off an inch and a half or so, I've done it once, works fine.

yfzbrad
07-18-2012, 06:41 PM
You can get the big 6 incher from here on OSE and hack off an inch and a half or so, I've done it once, works fine.

Do you have a part number? I want to use just the blade on the stock MG bracket.

ray schrauwen
07-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Do you have a part number? I want to use just the blade on the stock MG bracket.

You may need to modify.

Using a water pickup made of brass tubing in a sponson is a cheap and excellent way to add cooling that is hidden.

Make-a-Wake
07-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Here's the tapered one you can use, you can cut it off at the shadow edge where i put the line, or somwhere in there, then you smooth it out and shape the bottom of the rudder as you choose. You can buy the "blade only" for $24.95

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-rud-dual-tap

yfzbrad
07-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Thanks wake. I'll be ordering that right now. I think that is the best way to go without drilling more holes in the boat, and without increasing drag.

Garrett
08-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Impulse 31 dual rudder assembly
you could try adding this to your boat, I'm seriously considering it on my mystic.