PDA

View Full Version : Noob here with a few questions

Sonicwrx
07-15-2012, 10:17 AM
hey ya'll, i've been trolling around your site for a while now and i have a few questions i havent gotten clear answers for.
Im about ready to choose my first boat and want to make the best choice the first time. I will be running in the Gulf of Mexico most of the time.
I know that it is imparitive to wash the boat after every run and keep everything greased up.
theres a area that has a mild chop i will be running so i was gathering that a deep-v hull would be best. i wasnt sure if there were other hulls
that were just as good in these conditions, that would widen the range of hulls i could choose. Next, what are the differences in the hull material,
abs, fiberglass ect. just strength or is one more stable that the other?
I am planning on getting a rtr unless somebody has a good reason why i should'nt. im not trying to break the bank but i dont want a boat pleagued
with problems. Any advice would be appriciated, thanks.

stadiumyamaha
07-15-2012, 10:54 AM
A pursuit would be a good choice. It's a very deep v that is great in rough water. Ose and kintec both have a artr version. It's basically a copy of the delta force cyber storm.
I know a lot of people don't like them but the Traxxas spartan makes for a good deep v basher as well. Jmo

Sonicwrx
07-15-2012, 11:12 AM
i have been looking at the spartan for a very long time. i was at a tossup between getting a spartan or a slash 4x4. i obvously went with the slash.
i learned something about traxxas in doing this. they are mass production low quality. they build a "fast out of the box" whatever you want,
but it sure seems like its going to break that first run.
I hadnt looked at the pursuit until now it could be a good option, thanks