PDA

View Full Version : Help with "bouncing"

yoffer
07-14-2012, 02:59 AM
Im trying to figure out why its hopping on wot. Ive tried everything from moving the batteries forward and back and everyting in between, so i just set my cog to 30% (thats with the batteries all the way back). Ive tried raising the strut and adjusting strut angle. Right now its set level with the sponsons with 0 angle, runs on the last 2-3inches of the hull. Maybe im not setting it up right, has anyone else had this problem? Also im running a prather 220.

Heaving Earth
07-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Try a different prop and raise your strut above the sponsons

yoffer
07-14-2012, 09:55 AM
What would you suggest? I tried my x442 as well and if anything it makes it worse.

Heaving Earth
07-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Have you tried raising the strut all the way up? How far up will it go?

yoffer
07-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I have tried raising it up, it can go pretty high, but once its to a certain point it rides too loose and it still bounces.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

siberianhusky
07-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Have you filled and flat sanded the sponson bottoms yet? Mine had horrible trenches down the middle of both, no way they could be sanded out had to fill them.
Could be sucking down to the water then releasing.

yoffer
07-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Have you filled and flat sanded the sponson bottoms yet? Mine had horrible trenches down the middle of both, no way they could be sanded out had to fill them.
Could be sucking down to the water then releasing.
What did you fill with?

siberianhusky
07-16-2012, 04:30 PM
I use polyester body filler, then glazing putty to fill the remaining minor imperfections, prime then paint. I just shot clear over the works, didn't really care. Give it a scuff with a red scotch brite pad on the running surfaces then you're good to go.
With all the other repairs it's lookin' like a real rat rod boat. Might just stick with primer and sanded repairs, kinda looks meaner that way!