PDA

View Full Version : TFL Genesis repaint !!!

HYDROJERRY
07-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Ive has this one for awhile and with taping the hatch closed and some other small damages i decided to give her a new paint job,, still another coat of clear to go but her she is so far, hope you guys like!!

stadiumyamaha
07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Looks great man. Cool color combo.

HYDROJERRY
07-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks bud its different and thats all i was after..

Make-a-Wake
07-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Wow..............very nice Jerry!! That color is great on a boat..........and the metallic black really goes well with it.

HYDROJERRY
07-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks Scorp,, good to here from ya again bud,, have some problems with the hatch now i gess the plastic bag i put on it got to hot and stuch to the hatch and pulled some of the clear off so ill have to fix that but otherwise she's almost ready..

bill34207
07-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Nice Jerry. I like the charcoal metallic and blue color combination. Leaving the cf pattern on the deck was a nice touch too.

HYDROJERRY
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks Bill just hope to get it completly done for this weekend..

Brushless55
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Dig it man, looks awesome!

Rocstar
07-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Looking good....

HYDROJERRY
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
thanks guys, its not how i originaly wanted but it works..

Make-a-Wake
07-10-2012, 07:44 PM
The more i keep looking at the pictures, the more I think its better looking than any Genesis type hull I've ever seen................the contrast of the colors is amazing!!!! Great work Jerry!!!!:buttrock:

Make-a-Wake
07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
OK, so I'm a Photoshop Junkie:sneaky2:..................couldnt resist with such a pretty boat.

The first pic is untouched and the second is shopped up!! Enlarge them to click back and forth and compare:Peace_Sign: I'm a nerd I guess.

Make-a-Wake
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Few more:

Prop-a-Gator
07-10-2012, 11:10 PM
That looks awesome Hydro! And here I thought you were done when you showed the pic in the other thread. I was talking pinstripes and you were still showing primer. lol
You did an amazing job. I just picked up my old air brush set from high school when I was home last week. Now I'm inspired and my Daytona needs a new paint job. Hey, did I read in some other thread you were in NC? Where abouts do you run?

HYDROJERRY
07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Sweet, MakeAwake that realy makes the metal flake pop!!!!hay you a big Vhull guy i need to get with you on my Vhull just cant seem to get it running wright..

ProaGator i run in Lake Royal in Bunn NC,,, i see your from nc also we should hook up one day if your not to far away!!!!Yeah get that airbrush out and do some painting man, ive always enjoyed painting the boats more than setting them up..

Sorry guys my computer at home is screwed up so my post will be few and far between till i get it fixed..

Prop-a-Gator
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Hmm, only about an hour away. My boat's in pieces so it'll be a while, but we'll have to run them together for sure! I hear ya about the setup. This prop walk has been a PITA! I enjoy the painting too, just not so much the prep work!!

HYDROJERRY
07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
I hear ya, im going to get it back together and start trying different things and try to take vids of each thing to see what fixes the wright turn thing,, 1 hr ant bad yeah we'll have to get together and do some running, i go to a big azz lake to run mine plenty of room!!!! Ps yeah the prep work sucks and as you no its been so hot and humid everytime i paint something on the boat the tape peels of what i taped off, thats why its gone so many different desgins..

LOVE6S
07-12-2012, 09:58 PM
That is one nice paint job, was this done with pro paints and air gun etc?

Make-a-Wake
07-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I keep coming back for a peek Jerry....................gosh, looks so good......................I think i'm possibly a "Geek"??????? Consider making the second pic in post #12 your avatar!!

CHUD
07-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Rockin and rollin bro may be she;ll be back in the water by sat ,I see we might have someone else to run with at the lake bring it on Gator man that would be cool,:thumbup:

HYDROJERRY
07-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Loves6s i used Lexan rc car body paints threw a airbush to do the teal on the top and the CF look on the hood, the metallic black was rattle can black the misted silver over it and the hatches i drew on with a black permanent marker, the skull i used rattle can Testers Candy Green,, i cut out a template skull then dusted over it with the candy green the rest is decals..
What do you mean Make-A-Wake get rid of my geico avatar(what)..
Thanks chud and yeah hopefully we can get Gator down here to run with us..

LOVE6S
07-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Wow is all I can say!!!

Prop-a-Gator
07-13-2012, 10:17 AM
I've had guests staying with us all week. Vacation last week. I'll finally have some time to work on the boat this weekend. Haven't decided if I'm going to strip it down now, or leave the battle scars and get it running nice first.
Jerry, where can I get some low cost, decent air brush paint that'll work on the hull? I haven't messed with airbrushing in 20yrs and never seriously. What type of clear do you use? I may do as you did and use rattle can base colors and airbrush just the details.
I need to get a basic, fun, reliable second boat. Having just one sucks when it's out of commission. If only I could resist the temptation to go faster. :flame42:
Once I'm up n running I'll meet up with you guys for sure! :beerchug:

HYDROJERRY
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I used Lexan paints that i orderd off ebay for my slash body but i dont recomend them cuz they are water soluable, i had to touch them up afew times from wet sanding the other colors but i hear House of colors is good, never tryed them thow.. Come on you gotta get it painted to be cool bud, then you can put in it what ever you want thats what i do, i feel if my paint job comes out like crap then no matter how fast it is it will suck when people walk up to see it!!! Ive been using the Rustolium Automotive clear enamel spray cans, have only done two boats with it so far but both have turned out real good i think.. Yeah get it together and come on down we'll have some fun or swett alot trying, haha:rockon2:

Make-a-Wake
07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I was just saying it was so nice that it would make a great avatar, thats all.................your Geico looks great too.........the real one isnt it?

HYDROJERRY
07-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Hahaha, was just playin with ya man, dont take offense bud:biggrin:,, Naw that ant my boat but i wish it were,, id have more chicks then id no what to do with them..:drool:

Make-a-Wake
07-13-2012, 04:32 PM
As Homer Simpson would say - "Mmmmmmmmmmm..........chicks"

tagasagwan
07-14-2012, 05:08 AM
Great Job Jerry! looks really nice!

srislash
07-14-2012, 08:51 AM
So you getting this out this weekend then Jerry?