PDA

View Full Version : MG - Best Battery mounting method?

IndyHobbies
07-08-2012, 02:08 PM
I just got my Miss GEICO. They forgot to put any velcro in my kit box so I'm going to have to come up with my own battery mounting method.

That being the case, what do you guys suggest? Just using self-stick velcro never seems to work well long term. The adhesive gets soft in my experience and then one day you start pulling out the male and female velcro at the same time every time you pull the battery.

detox
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I use the 2" wide Indutrial Strength velcro that walmart sells. Works good for me.

The Pure Tech straps look interesting.
http://www.puretechproducts.com/ptprod_dpsa.htm

tryinotocrash
07-08-2012, 04:35 PM
If velcro strips are not your thing. Get some battery trays Kintec has some in carbon fiber or laser cut wood. They have small pieces on the bottom so you can use velcro straps instead of glue down velcro. Nice and clean.

HYDROJERRY
07-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I use the same as Detox, get it at the same place only thing is i run 4s1p so 4 2s batteries, i set the bottoms in all the way to the front of the battery trays and then i slip the top batteries in i have cut a peice of foam that i wedge inbetween the top of the batteries and the hull so theyre in there tight, no problems so far, i also have the straps but havent tryed them in there yet..

IndyHobbies
07-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks guys. Can't wait to get this puppy out on the water!