PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico Full throttle problem?

DeeGee
07-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I took myy miss geico out today for first time. First the prop was spinning in reverse, so I switched some wires got it running in forward. So I take off boat gets on plane and I hit the throttle and it cuts out I wait few seconds and it comes back. I can run about 2/3 throttle max before it shuts down. What could be causing this? I run venom power 5000mah 7.2 namh batteries cause that's what came with it. Could that be an issue? Need help on this one.

JimClark
07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
I believe the low voltage cutoff is set for lipos and you don't need it for NIMH cells

Heaving Earth
07-07-2012, 10:43 PM
I will say you need new batteries.

DeeGee
07-08-2012, 09:21 AM
I've heard somewhere else that it could be the batteries. Looks like I may have to switch to lipos. Where is the low voltage switch you speak of?

Heaving Earth
07-08-2012, 10:58 AM
There is no switch. You need the program card I believe. Nimh batteries just aren't good enough to run in brushless boats. Yes buy some lipos and be done with the problem

Fluid
07-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Actually there is no problem running NiMH cells in BL boats, we did it for many years before LiPos were available. The OP's issue is certainly the LVC, the programming card is much cheaper than a decent set of LiPos plus a LiPo charger. That said, LiPos will give better performance and will weigh less, they are the best upgrade. You'll be getting them eventually, might as well start now.

JimClark
07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
A totally uninformed answer

I will say you need new batteries.

Heaving Earth
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Deegee, if you can afford 100 bux, you can get two 2s packs and a charger. Lipos will get your boat krankin buddy. Pm me and I'll send you some links to what you need if you want

Heaving Earth
07-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Deegee, you can run Nimh packs on your setup. IMO they're a waste of time tho. They don't perform nearly the same. Ask either one of these guys how many Nimh packs they currently use on their setups.... I highly doubt any.

JimClark
07-08-2012, 05:51 PM
So what is a discredit to you in saying he doesn't have to buy lipos which is a very short sighted comment. All he asked was why it didn't want to run. He could run the NIMh and just have fun. It is of no help to tell him his batteries are junk when they are very likely not. your post #10 is spot on. Plus if he reads his manual it tells about the lipo programming issues

Heaving Earth
07-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Whatever, I made my suggestion. I think he will take my advise and buy lipos.