PDA

View Full Version : Pro Boat suppliers in UK

jame5
07-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Hi,

Are there any UK users here who can point me in the direction of UK suppliers of Pro Boat where I can buy a Miss Geico? I've tried a few Wheelspinmodels and Sussex Models, both have no stock :frusty:

Thanks
James

jamespl
07-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Get in touch with horizon hobby uk and they will give you a list of uk stockists. You might even be able to buy direct from them. I would wait for the blackjack 29 though.

MY00
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I would wait for the blackjack 29 though.

I'm waiting for it:sinking-guy:

jamespl
08-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Only £179.99 at wheelspin. The geico v2 is about the same price too!

MY00
08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Also at Sussex Model for the same price http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=39792

And "Your payment will not be processed until stock arrives" at Sussex. Wheelspin will process your payment at the moment your order.

jamespl
08-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Nice find. It seems strange that they are that price. Seems very cheap to me considering the bj26 cost more!

MY00
08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
That's mine idea too. But it's the new model year so it's possible.

jamespl
08-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Well I'm ordering one and I will wait and see if it gets delivered to my door.

MY00
08-05-2012, 11:02 AM
I will do this also, it only has then be sent to the Netherlands. Sussex has only a higher schipping fee.

NativePaul
08-05-2012, 11:17 AM
I would recommend Heath's RC Models (www.heathsrcmodels.co.uk), SMC is my local model shop and they have always given me good service but they know nothing about boats, whereas I race FE boats with Lee and Paul Heath regularly, I believe they are the only ProBoat dealers in the country that know FE boats. If you may be after any after sales care they are the ones I would use, I have also seen them go above and beyond in getting defective RTR gear replaced with an early Spartan on its 3rd ESC and getting its 3rd motor which blew in our presence and Paul said if he popped in the shop tomorrow he could have another replacement, so I know they have your back in anything goes wrong in China. Most of their FE stuff isn't on the website so you would have to call them up to see if they have one.

Mick Charles Models may be worth a try if you cant find one, my old local model shop, and they don't know FE boats well (marginally better than SMC as one of them has run IC scale boats in the past) but did have a surprisingly large range of FE RTRs last time I went in, including several ProBoats so I know they are dealers. you need a phone call to them too as there website has no product list on it.

Where abouts in the UK are you?

martin
08-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Dont count on getting these boats for £179, they have put the wrong price. SMC say anything on their web site priced wrong will be adjusted before sending out as they recieve an invoice with the correct price from their suppliers when the boat come in to the shop. The proboat cats Mystic, Miss Geico & Blackjack 29 are expected on the 13th September but they were also expected in July but got pushed back, so who knows when. Jusy a heads up if your expecting to get them for £179.

jamespl
08-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Surely though if you pay the price up front they have to give it you at that price? They totally have got it wrong as the impulse 31 is over £300 my argument would be its their mistake.

martin
08-06-2012, 09:48 AM
All i can tell you is what SMC told me re this subject, some time ago they had a radio on their site that had been considering which was very very cheap as i knew the price. Not wanting to get caught out with a wrong price i asked them how payment was made etc & they told me what ive said on this forum. Which was they bill for the item when it arrives which would have the correct price from Horizon Hobby but they would first contact the customer informing them of the higher price & you had the choice as to weather you still wanted the item. Obviuosly full of apologies no dought.