PDA

View Full Version : Radio Ugrade

RCnerd
07-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I have a Revolt 30 and a Motley Crew. I would like to consolidate my boats to one radio. I am not unhappy with the Tactic radios I just don't want to carry more than one radio.

With that being said,
-What radio would you guys recommend?
-The tactic receiver does not have an antenna and I noticed that the Spectrum marine receivers do. Does this mean that I will have to run the antenna through the hull or can i tuck it inside the hull and still get a good signal?

Thanks!

Doby
07-03-2012, 09:21 PM
So why not just bind the receivers to the one Tactic radio??

RCnerd
07-03-2012, 11:42 PM
So why not just bind the receivers to the one Tactic radio??

I did not even think about that! Duh!!! Haha. Thanks for the info.

m4a1usr
07-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Does the Tactic transmitter allow you to have different throttle and servo trim settings for each Rx? I dont see from the manual a display with multiple settings to allow a person to run anything other than one setting for all of the Rx that are binded to that Tx? That would bite if you had a herd of boats. Almost every boat has different handling characteristics not to mention motors and esc. One setting on the Tx isnt going to work for a bunch of boats unless they are all happy with some standard default setting. Does this make sense?

John

tlandauer
07-04-2012, 02:11 AM
:iagree: , I also think it depends on the level of the boater, i am strickly a sport/basher. I use a number of rx binded to a single tx.,(Tactic). I put pencil marks for individual settings, having said that, all the ESCs are Seaking and I find no need to re-adjust the throttle trim, there is no end point adj. on this tx anyway, the only things need to be concerned with are rudder trim ( centering ) and sometimes this channel needs to be reversed---easy to do. In the event that you suspect the throttle calibration is off, you can always re-calibrate. I would think this is a headache for advanced boaters or racers.
@oringinal OP: I use Spektrum with MR3000 and MR200 also, I have done both ways: one ant. ( shorter one) inside hull and the longer one sticks out vertically. However, I read from a number of posts that stated that there should be no problem to have both ant. inside, I will be reluctant to try this if the hull is CF reinforced. I run my DF26 with both ant. inside, but for extra security, prior to taping the hatch I tape the longer one under the hatch---WATCH OUT, when you open the hatch, do it slowly and peel off the ant. tape first!!! Don't rip the ant. out!