PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ESC - stock boat

electric
05-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Has anyone of heard of any issues with the esc on the Blackjack? We bought three of them in the fall and two of the boats keep cutting out on the throttle. They have never been underwater, they are stock, running nimh batteries. I did tweek the esc setting with the supplied programming tool. Any ideas?

Apples1
05-15-2008, 12:55 AM
i have had the same problem, it was either one of two things,
1, there is a crapped out cell in one or both of the packs, effecting full throttle voltage (not enough) or
2, the high voltage cutoff is set to low, to fix this with the reciever / Boat turned on, hold full throttle and plug in the packs and hold it untill you hear a tone (about 3 - 4 seconds)

some venom batteries i have heard have been dodgey. from brand new!

Good luck

electric
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I am willing to bet number 2 is what is happening to us. We are using some very high end batteries which probably have a bit higher voltage. I will give it a try and see if this corrects the problem.

bsrichard
11-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I am having the same problem as above with my BlackJack 26. I will try resetting the throttle as you suggest for the low volt setting. But how do you check if the issue is #1 (crapped out cell)?

thrashmetal
11-19-2008, 05:14 PM
for sure its the esc needing to be re programmed . there are lots of blackjack owners having esc problems .

as long as you have the programming card to reset your esc you should be good to go

chirotray
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Program card fixes almost all issues. It is so necessary that it should be included with the boat.

BigJay32
11-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Mine seems to cut off at full throttle until it warms up which takes 2-3 minutes when you cant run wot, but by then the packs have lost there peak. I run duratrax 4200 nimh's. Is this the same issue or something different?

sn00p
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
very helpful as im having issues ith cut out on nimhs... will try the trottle hold and arm.

Anyone know how to set from nihm to lipo without the programming card? as mine will not be here till sometime next week :( and my lipos are sitting here ready to go.

Duclover
01-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Its to my understanding that unless you have the programming module the use of lipos is a VERY bad idea as you may fry the electronics, battery or both.

Duc :-)

sn00p
01-15-2009, 02:38 PM
yeah i get that... £120 worth of batteries i deffo dont want to smokem.

i was just hoping you could program via the sticks rather than the card until it turns up.

ApacheDude
01-17-2009, 09:41 PM
My friends Formula Fastech and my Blackjack had similar problems. In our cases, we had packs crapping out.

The current draw on the stock setup is much higher that I first expected. This boat will break less than perfect packs. Just my opinion.

Once I found good packs I got solids runs. Once I switched to high capacity lipos it was night and day difference in runs.

I am sure the programming is also at play but make sure your batteries are truly top notch.