PDA

View Full Version : You get what you pay for...

Wade
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I am sold that Grim Racer props are the best for "out of the box performance" and overall value/performance.

After breaking 2 metal props and 3 carbon props, the Grim Racer Props are (from what I notice) the best props to use and...I never have had any issue with them. About $17 more but...well worth it in my book.

Rumdog
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Dude. You have to sharpen and balance your props. You shouldn't be breaking ANY props.

Wade
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Sharpen:check, balance: check, double check. The last one that broke was dialed and could slice the Ginza knife!
balancer is level and all steps are taken. Takes me 30 minutes to get them dialed..,just have had amazing results with Grim props.

iamandrew
07-02-2012, 02:29 AM
that prop kinda looks like the one that came with the persuit i bought Rtr. i tryed it a few times and it just cavitated....

martin
07-02-2012, 09:46 AM
If that is a prop off of the Pursuit then they are not very strong anyway, they have so much material removed from them ie detonqued & backcut so as the low powered motor can turn a resonable diam prop. Their also very low on pitch around 1.2 ratio. I believe Grim props are made for them by ABC props.

propwalk
04-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Maybe you hit something, could have even been a weed or a fish. I have broken blades of a few carbon props, but never a metal one.

jstolz
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I am sold that Grim Racer props are the best for "out of the box performance" and overall value/performance.

After breaking 2 metal props and 3 carbon props, the Grim Racer Props are (from what I notice) the best props to use and...I never have had any issue with them. About $17 more but...well worth it in my book.

I have been racing for over 10 years. I have never broken a prop while running it. I run almost exclusively Octura props. I did break an aluminum prop on my rescue boat. The boat dropped onto cement. Something is definitely wrong. What kind of props were they?

785boats
04-11-2013, 02:45 AM
The original looks like a TFL prop to me, jstolz.
But I've run one of them with no problem.
Did you hit a turtle or something Wade?

highflyerbill
04-29-2013, 12:38 PM
It will throw a blade at the hub if any where . Never seen one break that way without hitting something first .

jeffrey1
04-29-2013, 05:50 PM
your not driving it on land are you lol.

egneg
04-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Looks to me like the prop was defective to begin with. You have to be careful with props ... poor castings are about impossible to see with the naked eye.