PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane FE Thunder Downunder

Scott T
05-14-2008, 01:59 AM
The Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club (Queensland, Australia) are holding an FE event over the weekend of July 5-6.

We have been lucky enough to have RC Lipos sponsor the event for us. Thanks Pat!

The event will cater for the following classes:

12C 700 Mono
12C 700 Sport Hydro
12C Restricted Mono
12C Restricted Sport Hydro
4S Restricted Mono
4S Restricted Sport Hydro
4S Mono
4S Sport Hydro
4S Hydro
4S OPC
6S Mono
6S Hydro

Restricted classes allow only Ammo, Aquacraft, Feigao or Hacker motors.

The course will be a 200m (1/8 mile) oval.

The venue is Mick Hanfling Park, Lake Kurwongbah (Torrens Rd). Any boaters in Aus, or potential boaters, are more than welcome to come along and join in the fun! :welcome:

For more information, please contact me at tapsall_s@yahoo.com.au

Heath M
05-19-2008, 03:54 AM
I'll be there too :banana:

Running
12c Restricted Sport Hydro
12c Restricted Mono
4s Sport Hydro
4s Mono
Can't wait

Heath

Xzessperated
05-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Good luck guys. A bit of a write up and some pics would be good if either of you get the time but I guess that is not easy when you are racing.

Heath M
05-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Scott can do the write up and i'll take the pics lol..
Hopefully we'll get lots of video to post as well

Heath

Apples1
05-19-2008, 04:53 PM
What class does the BJ26 fit into on 4s?

Also what is th best method for fitting a cutoff loop?
i am currently running low - mid 80's KPH with the blackJack stock motor and ESC and 4s 5000mah 25c.

i am keen to get into real competition racing.

Xzessperated
05-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Scott can do the write up and i'll take the pics lol..
Hopefully we'll get lots of video to post as well

Heath

I see you give Scott the easy job. :smile:
He does the writing while you take the pics of girls in bikinis holding the boats.

Scott T
05-20-2008, 01:41 AM
What class does the BJ26 fit into on 4s?

Also what is th best method for fitting a cutoff loop?
i am currently running low - mid 80's KPH with the blackJack stock motor and ESC and 4s 5000mah 25c.

i am keen to get into real competition racing.

Hi Apples,

A BJ on 4S would have to run in the 4S Sport Hydro class. When we structured the motor rules, the Proboat motor wasn't nominated for the Restricted class, so you'd have to run with the open motors.

There are a lot of ways to put a safety loop together. On some of my boats I have a male plug on each end of my loop, with the female plugs flush with the deck. The female plugs are held under the deck with a screw perpendicular to the plug, which gives enough grip to stop the plug moving, but allows the plugs to be removed.

Cheers,
Scott

Jimmy Sterling
05-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Hey Scott,

Do we have any idea yet on how many racers are turning up. :confused1:

Scott T
05-20-2008, 02:33 AM
Not sure Jimmy, Trev or Dave would know the numbers. I'm not sure how many from our club have entered yet, I know I'm guilty of not having my entry in.

I know of two from Sydney, potentially 4.

Jimmy Sterling
05-26-2008, 02:58 AM
:w00t: Only 39 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes, 5 seconds too go....... Only 39 days, 7 hours, 3 min 55 seconds too go :w00t:
Still counting down

Jimmy Sterling
06-23-2008, 04:57 AM
:w00t: :w00t: Still counting down the days :w00t: :w00t:

Heath M
06-25-2008, 04:05 AM
How many days hours minutes now Jim??

Jimmy Sterling
06-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Really wanna know

Steven Vaccaro
06-25-2008, 10:14 PM
The Pine Rivers Model Powerboat Club (Queensland, Australia) are holding an FE event over the weekend of July 5-6.

We have been lucky enough to have RC Lipos sponsor the event for us. Thanks Pat!

The event will cater for the following classes:

12C 700 Mono
12C 700 Sport Hydro
12C Restricted Mono
12C Restricted Sport Hydro
4S Restricted Mono
4S Restricted Sport Hydro
4S Mono
4S Sport Hydro
4S Hydro
4S OPC
6S Mono
6S Hydro
Restricted classes allow only Ammo, Aquacraft, Feigao or Hacker motors.

The course will be a 200m (1/8 mile) oval.

The venue is Mick Hanfling Park, Lake Kurwongbah (Torrens Rd). Any boaters in Aus, or potential boaters, are more than welcome to come along and join in the fun! :welcome:

For more information, please contact me at tapsall_s@yahoo.com.au

Any interest in some raffle prizes?

Scott T
06-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Always Steven!! :bounce:

Seriously, if you'd like to donate something for the raffle, send me an email, and I'll forward it to the race secretary. We always like stuff from OSE!

We've received 81 entries from 17 competitors, so it should be a great meeting. Can't wait!

How long to go Jim?

Jimmy Sterling
06-26-2008, 02:08 AM
Wait up, still working it out :frusty:

Jimmy Sterling
06-26-2008, 02:11 AM
:w00t: :w00t: 8 days, 7 hours, 44 minutes and 20.2345667 seconds :w00t: :w00t:
I think, been at school all day doing end of term exams. :cursing:
The brains toasted :frusty:

Scott T
06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Any interest in some raffle prizes?

Steven, our Race Secretary (Trevor) has tried sendign you a couple of emails. If you could reply to him with some info on the raffle prizes it would be great!

Cheers,
Scott

Jimmy Sterling
06-26-2008, 11:41 PM
:thumbup: Sweet

Jimmy Sterling
07-02-2008, 11:25 PM
:eek: Not much longer :eek:

Steven Vaccaro
07-03-2008, 01:05 AM
I just emailed Trevor the gift certificates. Good luck guys.

Heath M
07-03-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks Steven :thumbup:

Jimmy Sterling
07-03-2008, 05:23 AM
Weather is predicted to be light showers Saturday and Sunday with light to moderate winds around 10 - 15 knots.
Weather is looking to be holding up. :thumbup:

Scott T
07-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Well, the water was EXCELLENT for practice today. Let's hope the conditions remain the same for the rest of the weekend.

Thankfully I finished my 4S Delta Force 33 this morning. Gave it 3 runs, and it runs really well. I'm definitely a DF33 fan! It's frog-green with no decals though, so no photos.... :laugh:

But here's some pics of some of the other boats in action today. Including Dave's 4S Villain S1 tunnel, Heath's Whiplash, BBY SJ and DF33, Kris's Whiplash and Kris's Viper & Seaducer 33.

Scott T
07-04-2008, 03:20 AM
Few more - Shane's 4S Syncron, 6S DF33 and 6S/10S Ice rigger. Steve's 6S Ice rigger.

The finish on Shane's boats is amazing, my little digital camera does not do them any justice.

Racing tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some time to shoot more photos.

Scott T
07-06-2008, 04:01 AM
Well, the racing is all done! 2 days of fast electric action we'll all remember. Top effort from all of our sponsors, and John and Trevor for running the show.

I'll let Trevor put up the results, as I don't have the information. But Shane Deacon put on a stellar performance to claim 9 trophies from 10 classes - Huge effort Shane!

Here's a couple of pictures of my boats - my DF33 that came 2nd in 4S Mono, and my poor Whiplash that came to grief in it's second heat. Thankfully it's repairable, so it will be back in action for our next club meeting.

Cheers,
Scott

andym
07-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Nice effort Scott, 2nd in 4s mono with DF 33 great, pity about the Blazer whiplash though. It was obviously a great weekend . How many competitors in total? What motor are you running in the DF. Before you smacked the whip how was it going?

Scott T
07-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Thanks Andy.

Both boats normally run a 1515/1Y. The Whip had an 8XL in it to run in the Restricted class. I won the first heat, and the boat was running great. But I made contact into a turn with another boat (maybe I was a bit ambitous when I saw that gap :smile: ), and I think I glanced off the other boat and collected a buoy. The buoys were a little unforgiving.

The DF was great, I'm really happy with the hull. Very nice to drive, whether it's smooth of choppy.

I think there were 17 or 18 competitors, and heaps of boats.

andym
07-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Scott I am thinking of building a whiplash, are you running 2s 2p or 4s 1pack?

Heath M
07-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Man i am knackered after all the racing.. Big thanks also to sponsors and to sterlo92's dad John and Trever for running such a smooth event...:buttrock:
I managed 3rd place in 4s Mono :banana: with my DF33 thanks to Andrew G for having a laptop on hand to change the motor timing on my B125.
I think i was to hung over to drive the whip today though as i only managed 2 finishes from 4 heats, 1st and 2nd..
I did make 2 other finals but had no luck in either..

Heath

andym
07-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Sounds like more drinking than racing Heath, well done!!

Heath M
07-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Thanks Andy that was with the 1515 2D motor AG gave me to try..all the other monos ran 1521 motors apart from Scott's 1515 1y
unfortunately i live too far away to have had drinks with the rest of of the guys staying near our lake, but that didn't stop me getting into it at home watching the rugby lol..
Both Scott and i run the same setup in the Whips and use 4s1p packs...

Scott T
07-06-2008, 04:41 AM
Hey Heath, it was a good day for us Queenslanders with our DF33s. SHame about that southerner and his Cyber Storm winning the class though.......lucky we beat them in the footy on Wednesday night :banana:

Andy, my Whiplash build is on the RRR forum, as Heath said, a 4S1P brick pack.

It was wild to see a heat of 6S riggers on our smaller 1/8 mile course too - glad I wasn't out there!

Heath M
07-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Here's the official results after the w/ends racing.
Congratulations to all the winners :rockon2:
Day 1

700 MONO:
1ST SHANE DEACON (NSW)
2ND RAY WARREN (QLD)
3RD --------- (ONLY 2 BOATS FINISHED THE A FINAL)

4S MONO:
1ST TONY JONES (NSW)
2ND SCOTT TAPSALL (QLD)
3RD HEATH MATTHEWS (QLD)

6S MONO:
1ST TONY JONES (NSW)
2ND SHANE DEACON (NSW)
3RD ASHLEY BLADES (QLD)

RESTRICTED SPORTS HYDRO- LIPO
1ST DAVE KINGSTON (QLD)
2ND ASHLEY BLADES (QLD)
3RD SHANE DEACON (NSW)

RESTRICTED SPORTS HYDRO-NIMH
1ST DAVE KINGSTON (QLD)
2ND SHANE DEACON (NSW)
3RD ASHLEY BLADES (QLD)

Day 2

700 HYDRO
1ST SCOTT TAPSALL (QLD)
2ND KRIS FLYNN (VIC)
3RD SHANE DEACON (NSW)

RESTRICTED MONO NIMH
1ST SHANE DEACON (NSW)
2ND JIMMY STERLING (QLD)
3RD SCOTT TAPSALL (QLD)

RESTRICTED MONO LIPO
1ST ASHLEY BLADES (QLD)
2ND JIMMY STERLING (QLD)

4S SPORTS HYDRO
1ST DAVE KINGSTON (QLD)
2ND SHANE DEACON (NSW)
3RD MARK WARREN (QLD)

4S OPEN HYDRO
1ST TONY JONES (NSW)
2ND PAUL OSMOND (NSW)
3RD STEVE TOMVALD (NSW)

6S OPEN HYDRO
1ST STEVE TOMVALD (NSW)
2ND PAUL OSMOND (NSW)

Scott T
07-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey, I was about to post them! Nice work mate.

Looking forward to some more photos from the other guys there - there were some good cameras there.

Xzessperated
07-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Congratulations to all. Thanks to you Heath and Scott for the posts and pictures you put here. It was very generous of Steven to put up some raffle prizes.
If it is on again next year I might come up and have a look but do no use that as an excuse to cancel it. :roflol: (I do have a serious and sensible side)

Scott T
07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
We welcome anyone Paddy, even guys from Tassie!

Some more pics -

Xzessperated
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
We welcome anyone Paddy, even guys from Tassie!

Some more pics -

Just for that I might bring my NS 3 up and show you DF 33 guys the way to go fast. :roflol: Follow that nice white transom guys !!!

Heath M
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Just for that I might bring my NS 3 up and show you DF 33 guys the way to go fast. :roflol: Follow that nice white transom guys !!!

Good luck keeping it on the water with 4 other boats out there :banana:
sorry couldn't resist

Heath

Xzessperated
07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Good luck keeping it on the water with 4 other boats out there :banana:
sorry couldn't resist

Heath

:w00t: Darn. So you know about it....... Ok I am about to start on a Seaducer

Scott T
07-06-2008, 10:19 PM
:w00t: Darn. So you know about it....... Ok I am about to start on a Seaducer

In that case, I'm going to stay on the outside of ya....anticipating the Seaducer "right hook"!

Heath M
07-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Wouldn't Andy be in team Delta lol

Jimmy Sterling
07-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Great weekend of racing by all, also congratualtions to Scotty and Heath for thier places in the classes that they ran. The mono ran fine all weekend but when I got home I pulled the hydro apart and the reciever still had water inside of it from the nearly fatal accident. So it must of run all the last 4 races plus the finals with water still in the reciever. LOL :huh:.

Apples1
07-07-2008, 03:18 AM
sorry to run off topic guys,congrats on the weekend, you guys are all welcome at RMBC any time, on a side note i am having trouble finding a rigger hull in australia other than the evo 3 which is quite pricey, any ideas. either 4s or 6s

Thanks

Heath M
07-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Jimmy congrats on your wins aswell champ,your dad had an ear to ear smile on his face when you were collecting those trophies :)
Lucky that receiver held out,i believe they are water resistant...

Apples
Paul Osmond makes the Taipan 4s and 6s rigger also Arron at ozspechobbies.com is working on a 4s rigger.
Both can be contacted through the AMPBA forum..

Heath

andym
07-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Paddy I can and will use force to get that crappy mono of yours out of the way for team Delta!! Seriously can some one email me with the location and opptions on where to stay ( read cheap for me and two kids) so as I might be able to attend the winter spectacular. Rules and regs to. Will share them with Paddy and try my hardest to get there as it seems there is fun to be had.

andym
07-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Mate wasn't that flag originaly from Victoria? If so you are doing youself a diservice, we all know your the original Tassie devil but now it gets worse. As they say the only good flood is in Vic as to wash the crap out to sea. I do not think that 35mph boat of yours could pull the skin off Grannies custard tart. Now thems fighting words!!!! No doubt I will hear from you soon. How were the chips mate, burnt?

G Doggett
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Looks like it was a great weekend guys, congratulations Scott and Heath on your placings.
While you are still fizzing have a think about Thunder Down Under being organised by the NZMPBA for Hakanoa later in the year.
The MMPBC is working with NZMPBA to have some FE classes included.
Graham.:rockon2:

Scott T
07-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Paddy I can and will use force to get that crappy mono of yours out of the way for team Delta!! Seriously can some one email me with the location and opptions on where to stay ( read cheap for me and two kids) so as I might be able to attend the winter spectacular. Rules and regs to. Will share them with Paddy and try my hardest to get there as it seems there is fun to be had.

Andy,
We normally stay in a cabin at the Nepean River Caravan Park (or something like that). Rates are OK, and most of the travelling racers stay there. Regulations will be on the AMPBA website, but with the new addition of 4S lipo to the EA classes.

Paddy,
Nice shot of the NS3 - still very pretty!

Graham,
I'd love to come over again this year, but I think that the wedding planning will take up a lot of my time and $$$....

Jim,
Congrats on your placings as well - your boats ran great all weekend, and your driving was tops. Your diving for your boat was good too!

Apples,
As Heath said, there's currently riggers available from Paul Osmond (Taipan), Rod Smith (Ice), and a new one coming out by Aaron Alberico. Prices are probably all similar. The 4S rigger class will be popular I think, the electronica are a bit cheaper than the 6S boats, and they've got a tonne of speed.

Cheers,
Scott

Jimmy Sterling
07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks guys :w00t:,
By the way Patrick I was wondering if you could let us know which part of Tassy do you run your boats :confused2:. Or is there a local club that you run at that we could go and have a look at ?. I'm down from Queensland on a holiday at Tasmania, we are currently at hobart but are slowly making our way north to Launceston where we fly out on Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :banana:

Regards,
Jim

andym
07-08-2008, 12:58 AM
Paddy you BASTARD that was my second favourite boat!! The new one will have a tool steel keel to chop you up with.. Long live team Delta!!!!!
Scoot thanks for the info, Have already set up a savings plan with the kids to get to next years with that pest MAD Paddy the Victorian!

Jimmy Sterling
07-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Thanks Patty,

What are the chances of you running a boat on the weekend ?. If so, I might give you a call and Dad and I might come down to watch you run. Also do you know of any hobby stores worth checking out. Thanks for the info. :bounce:

Jim

Jimmy Sterling
07-08-2008, 04:46 AM
I see how we go in Launceston, my mum and sister will probaly want to go shopping :glare:. Which is a good excuse for Dad and I to escape, I probaly will end up giving you a call though. I'll just have to wait to see how it all goes. :bounce:.
By the way its bloody cold alright, not too bad though. We are thinking of going to Mt Wellington first think in the morning, so I'm guessing that its going to be alot colder up there :eek:.
Probaly end up giving you a call on Friday.

Thanks alot
Jim

Jimmy Sterling
07-08-2008, 04:58 AM
Look forward to it if you get time
:iagree: :thumbup:

Heath M
07-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Here's some pics of the w/ends racing..
1. all the competitiors and boats that raced on Sunday
2. P mono final drivers From left to right Tony Jones, Steve Tomvald , ME :banana: , Scott Tapsal and Ash Blades
3. My DF 33 chasing hard
4. My DF 29 Restricted lipo mono
5. AS Above

Heath

andym
07-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Man nicley aired out!!! What sort of CG are you running? And Paddy you should stop taking over other people's post's just to shame me! I will have you know that my hydro will make me a million $$$$ and very fit to boot!It is that good that I am coming to Tassy with the kids on one with the boats just to piss you off!!!! It will be a race against the Spirit of Tasmania! Ok no bar or beds but a lot cheaper. Just so everyone knows Paddy goes for the "St killed her footy" team so his credability is shot to *!***!***!***!**!

Heath M
07-11-2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks Andy
COG is about 32% on both boats

Heath

Jimmy Sterling
07-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Sorry Patrick,
Wont be able to come down to visit you. We've had a change of plans, we are heading off to Devonport to meet up with family.
Do you know of ANY decent hobby shops, have'nt been able to find any decent ones so far so far. The ones we have found are no good.

Xzessperated
07-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Sorry Patrick,
Wont be able to come down to visit you. We've had a change of plans, we are heading off to Devonport to meet up with family.
Do you know of ANY decent hobby shops, have'nt been able to find any decent ones so far so far. The ones we have found are no good.

Mate I asked for Deans plugs in the local one and they did not know what I was talking about. You really are in the bush here mate.

You could try OSE or Andrewg. :bounce: