PDA

View Full Version : Mystic Died

K-ROK
06-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Very disappointed. Took my Mystic out for the first time today and it ran for fifteen seconds and died. No smoke or anything just stopped. Castle 5.5 connectors on everything. Guess I just got a bad s/c. Anyone have any other thoughts

Derrick Davis
06-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi K-ROK,
May I ask what type of batteries you were using when it "died"? Check the solder connections from motor, esc and where the batteries connect (if you haven't already). Perhaps there has been a de-solder in one of these areas? There aren't many areas to look at beyond that. Another possilbility would be that perhaps the esc is bad.
Let's us know a few more details please. Do you have rudder and/or throttle control? Or, is it completely dead? Someone here will be able to help. The Mystic is a very good boat that should be a good runner out of the box. Good luck.
Double

K-ROK
06-28-2012, 11:05 PM
They are Hyperion 45 c 5000 mah. No de solder checked all connections. Boat was completely dead. No rudder or throttle. Boat ran for 15 seconds.

JimClark
06-28-2012, 11:17 PM
What is the voltage of the batteries?

K-ROK
06-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Didn't check voltage but put them in my friends Mystic right after and his ran fine with my batteries.

JimClark
06-28-2012, 11:25 PM
low voltage cutoff setting wrong?

Derrick Davis
06-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Thats really odd. Do you have another radio and receiver you can swap out to see if your electronics (servo and motor) are STILL working? I suspect one of the kind Gents here with more experience will contribute some trouble shooting ideas. Hang in there and don't give up on this boat. Btw, I'm assuming this is a new out of the box boat....but you know what happens when we assume....:doh:

Derrick Davis
06-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Good call Jim. I certainly didn't think of the LVC. :doh:

K-ROK
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm gonna try friends sc tomorrow. Receiver still works if I plug a battery into it. Don't know about low voltage cutoff being it was a rtr. I will check that also.

K-ROK
06-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes it is brand new out of box.

Derrick Davis
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Please let us know what you find after you do some testing. Good luck!
:tiphat:

K-ROK
06-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Will do. Thanks for the help guys.

roadrashracing
06-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Does the speed control work with a rx battery plugged in? The lvc will not cut receiver power. Battereis hooked up right since you did change the connections?

K-ROK
06-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Today went no better. New speed control up in smoke. Same thing ran for 5 to 10 seconds and goes dead except Today servo still worked and then it went up in smoke.I'm thinking either bad switch or servo shorting out? If it was bad motor I think motor wires would have burned up but instead it burnt up from the switch end of s/c. Its not batteries because they work fine in other boat.Also changed receiver. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Derrick Davis
07-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Sorry to hear this. :sad:
I would be guessing at this point and perhaps it's obvious to some....but it seems as if the esc is/was the problem (lemon esc?). There are quite a few folks in here who REALLY know their stuff (specifically pertaining to this company's product). Hopefully, they'll see this thread and offer some input to you.
I did look back through the thread to see if you or anyone else mentioned this.... If you haven't done so already, it would be a good idea to contact the place where you purchased the boat. Maybe they could help? What a bummer to be dealing with this on a new boat. I will assure you though, this is very unusal for this to occur with a product from this company. I have 3 of their boats (and will be ordering a fourth come late summer at availability) and have had VERY few issues aside from normal maintance due to use. Hope this gets sorted for you soon. Please continue to keep us posted as I think we'll all learn a bit from your unfortunate experience.
Take care.
D

Darin Jordan
07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Is the driveline spinning freely?? If you disconnect the flex from the motor, does the prop spin VERY freely??

dana
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
They may want you to now ship the whole boat back....

K-ROK
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Horizon has a new boat on the way for me. Drive line is spinning freely. Again thanks for all the help guys. I also have a stock s/c being sent from Horizon to replace the borrowed one that went up in smoke. Does that need to be programmed or is it set from factory?

Derrick Davis
07-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Good news on the replacement my man! Although, I'm not surprised....that's been the way HH has rolled in the past with regard to standing behind their product. The ONE time I had an issue with a component, they took care of me. :biggrin:
S/C? I'm thinking your referring to speed control? When I received my knew Mystic it was already programed for Lipo. When you receive the the knew speed control, It will more than likely be in a package containing instructions. Now turn your frown upside down and go out and enjoy that Mystic! ;)