PDA

View Full Version : anyone in The Woodlands, TX???

rpedro
06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
just wondering... I want to maybe buy the Atomik 58" catamaran to run, but not sure where I can play with it... there are a few lakes around here, especially the main two lake locations, but I am not sure running there would freak anyone out... if not where else is close??
thanks guys!!!

jevmax
06-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Come on down to Katy or Crosby and run with the HOTMBC! We also run on a lake in Tomball sometimes.

electric
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes, I am in the Woodlands. I would not recommend running by the park as there is a lot of activity usually going on there. I did find a nice big pond near The Woodlands that I have run at a few times. Check the opening screen(map) on this forum with the places to run marks and you willl see it with my comments about the pond. I am also involved with a local club that gets together to run boats twice a month. Really a great group and very welcoming to people who are new to the Hobby. We run at a place in Crosby that is set up for RC boats. We also run at two other people's houses who host events and have nice ponds in their backyards. It is a drive to those events, but the payoff is everything is there (retreival boat) and it is always more fun doing it as a group.

Unfortunately, I may be moving soon, but you might want to come out to the next club get togther and just see all the different boats run before you go buy something. I believe the next one will be July 7th. If you want to get on the phone and talk a bit about good boats to start with I can point you in the right direction. I have been running boats for about 4 years now and have learned quite a bit. I have not decided yet, but I might go run some boats this weekend.

rpedro
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
thanks all for the help... will check it out!!!

rpedro
06-29-2012, 09:50 AM
I looked that pond up, is it off of Rayford??? Fox run I think it said... do you run there much??? thanks!!!