PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Impluse 31 motor mount!

colin6919
06-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi,

I purchased a Proboat Impulse 31 approximately 1 month ago. Due to work commitments I only opened the boat last weekend, and begun to tear it down (as I do with all my new RC’s). I didn’t get very far as 1 of the bolts that holds the motor mount to the hull is just spinning. It appears the treaded body that is attached to the hull of the boat has broken loose (but not to the point that it can be removed from the hull) making removal of the motor mount impossible which wouldn’t be such a big deal but I can not tighten the motor mount either thus making the boat unusable.

I’ve been in contact with Horizon Hobbies and there solution is to return the boat for warranty services which wouldn’t be so bad expect for the $162.10 return shipping quote!! (I’m located in a remote area of Canada)

So that brings me here; does anyone have any tricks I can use to fix this problem?

Thanks

Colin

stadiumyamaha
06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
That sucks. My wood mount came apart but the threads never came unglued. Can you dismantle the wood platform to get to the insert and epoxy it?
You could also take it out completely and put a different mount in. I think I'll be doing that to mine soon.

Stephavee
06-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Drill it out. Keep the bolt from spinning by Ca glueing it and drill the bolt head off...