PDA

View Full Version : servo barely moving

chevyboy67
06-28-2012, 01:11 AM
Hey guys, my servo is barely moving. I have it plugged into the right channel too.. I even unplugged it and tried a different servo, but it still only moves a bit.. does anybody know what could possibly be causing this? & by the way I'm running a tactic ttx240 pistol grip with a tr324 receiver.. The esc is the stock blackjack esc..

Thanks, Shane

martin
06-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Try turning the st-rate knob as this should alter the servo throw either left or right, the arrow should be in the centre to give even throw on the servo or set to either side to reduce throw.

chevyboy67
06-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks, but I tried all of that last night... I even rebound it, and still the same results... The throttle is working fine.. I hate when little things happen like this!!!! I'm gonna try a traxxas 2.4..

sanyijr
06-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Your RX get wet any time? Try a spare rx and or tx. Could be the actual steering module on teh TX or a bad rx.... Tough to say....

Fluid
06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Plug the steering servo into the throttle port on the receiver. If it works, then you have your culprit.

sanyijr
06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Plug the steering servo into the throttle port on the receiver. If it works, then you have your culprit.

There you go.... it's 11 am and I'm still slow... :frusty: (though it still could be the actual steering module in the TX, though unlikely)

chevyboy67
06-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Your RX get wet any time? Try a spare rx and or tx. Could be the actual steering module on teh TX or a bad rx.... Tough to say....

Nope, its brand new.. only used it once on a nitro thundercat... It worked great with the reciever battery hooked up to it... The servo's turned all the way like they should. Now when I have it hooked up to the esc in the blackjack, it just barely moves.. it was my first run with it too so I was goin pretty slow... Nothing got wet..

jwray
06-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Does the steering moving equally in each direction? I know it was said in an earlier post, but are you sure you cheecked the steering rate knob not the steering trim knob?
Here are the directions from the manual.
SYSTEM CHECK
Turn on the Tx, then the Rx. Make sure all servos operate according to the
movement of the Tx controls (refer to fi gure 4).
Steering: Turn the steering
wheel left and right. Make
sure there are no obstructions
with the steering servo’s
movements, and the servo
moves in the proper direction.
If the steering wheel is turned
to the right but the model turns
left, reverse the position of the
Steering Reversing switch.
Steering rate: This dial adjusts
the limits that the steering servo can travel on each side. Turning the dial will
widen or narrow the steering end points. Adjusting this dial to your preference
can help to customize control of steering in different applications.

chevyboy67
06-28-2012, 02:53 PM

Yup, i just did that, and the servo steers all the way :w00t:!!! the only problem is, it steers with the throttle, not the wheel:crying:.... can i change this??? the servo was in *ch2* when i did this..

chevyboy67
06-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Does the steering moving equally in each direction? I know it was said in an earlier post, but are you sure you cheecked the steering rate knob not the steering trim knob?
Here are the directions from the manual.
SYSTEM CHECK
Turn on the Tx, then the Rx. Make sure all servos operate according to the
movement of the Tx controls (refer to fi gure 4).
Steering: Turn the steering
wheel left and right. Make
sure there are no obstructions
with the steering servo’s
movements, and the servo
moves in the proper direction.
If the steering wheel is turned
to the right but the model turns
left, reverse the position of the
Steering Reversing switch.
Steering rate: This dial adjusts
the limits that the steering servo can travel on each side. Turning the dial will
widen or narrow the steering end points. Adjusting this dial to your preference
can help to customize control of steering in different applications.

yes, but only about a half a centimeter... and yes, when I turn the trim it moves about half an inch, and when I turn the steering rate knob it moves a whole lot, but when i turn the wheel, it just barely moves :censored:

jwray
06-29-2012, 12:01 PM
If you swapped the steering and throttle plugs and you got good throws out of the steering servo then I wonder if the rubber grip on your steering wheel is slipping or is the key on the steering knob stripped not letting the pot in the transmitter get full travel either way it sounds like the problem lies in the TX.