PDA

View Full Version : problem setting throttle limits on Turnigy 180 marine ESC

1945dave
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
Not my first dance. Pretty straight forward but why is it not cooperating? Trying to setup a new Turnigy 180A ESC using a Turnigy 9X transmitter and for some reason the full slow stick limit position does not want to come below the mid point of the throttle movement. Normally all you do is turn on the transmitter and move the throttle to full speed ahead connect the battery to the ESC hear the confirming two beeps thus full throttle is properly set and then wait a few seconds for a musical note sound move the throttle stick to full stop position to set the lower stick movement limiit listen for the single beep thus confirming lower throttle limit is properly set. Unplug power and reconnect and verify everything is good to go. Same reciever and same transmitter with a different Turnigy ESC and moving the throttle stick just slightly up and the motor starts ticking over normally. Thus I would have a full range of motion for throttle responce. However, with this ESC I need to move the stick to half speed or 50 percent of the full range of motion before the motor starts to rotate. I swapped the motors no change. Something is not acting normal. Am I missing something? By the way the brake setting for the transmitter is set to off and the programming card confirms the default setting of "forward only".

Dave

Basstronics
06-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I suggest reviewing the directions again.

the method described doesnt sound like what I did.

1945dave
06-27-2012, 12:04 PM
I really would like it to be that simple. How did you do it?

Dave

TheShaughnessy
06-27-2012, 12:08 PM
When calibrating the throttle you don't wait for the musical tones. The music means you are entering into programming mode. Instead go full stick, wait for two beeps, then move the throttle to the closed position. You will hear one more beep and then the esc will beep 4 times if a 4 s lipo is connected or 3 times for a 3s pack etc. then you should be good to go no need to disconnect the power.

Rumdog
06-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Tru reversing the throttle channel and try again.

martin
06-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I had to reverse the channel on mine with my Futaba radio.

1945dave
06-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Shaughnessy, it was that simple. I must have been waiting too long before dropping the stick down to full stop. Followed your simple directions and presto back to normal. Thanks,

Dave

Basstronics
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?35340-problem-setting-throttle-limits-on-Turnigy-180-marine-ESC