PDA

View Full Version : hitech servo bad

ron1950
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
bought a hitec 645mg for one of my boats ...installed as usuall and when i started the boat up....it had the shakes bad....chattered back and forth wouldnt quit etc..tryed it outside the boat ...same no improvement so tryed another reciver same no change.....is there a repair station for hitech se:Sinking:rvos or chuck this one out the window? thanks

lectriglide
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Hitec has great service on everything I've dealt with them on.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/support/warranty-service/index.html

Doug Smock
06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Are you using a Spektrum radio?

ron1950
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
yes doug i am but i have several hitechs that work well with it so far lol

Doug Smock
06-26-2012, 10:49 AM
yes doug i am but i have several hitechs that work well with it so far lol

I had a similar issue. I had also used them for years without issues but................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_U9eC4sM8&feature=plcp
Now this same servo has been flawless with the MR300? The guys at Spektrum recommended a device that will fix this issue (low voltage as I recall). Let me see if I can find it.

Do you have a non Spektrum radio that you can test that servo with?

Doug

ron1950
06-26-2012, 10:50 AM
no all my radios are spectrum....mine is much worse then the vid lol...tryed a mr200 and a mr3000 both the same

Doug Smock
06-26-2012, 10:52 AM
no all my radios are spectrum

This is supposed to be the cure, but I haven't tried it. http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/spektrum-signal-line-voltage-booster-SPMCP

Darin can give you more information about it.
Doug

ron1950
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
doug did u send the servo back for repair or use the low voltage thingie

Doug Smock
06-26-2012, 11:08 AM
doug did u send the servo back for repair or use the low voltage thingie

That servo is still in operation with a different (Futaba) radio. I used a Spektrum servo with the MR200 and haven't had any further problems (thanks Darin).
You may or may not have a bad servo. It could be a compatibility issue as in the video.
It would be nice if you had someone local with a different radio so you could test it before you send it back.
Oh, something else that was strange. (Forgot that was in the video also) The servo worked perfect in the throttle channel. Try that just for giggles and let me know what you find.
I know where you're at. I was pretty frustrated for a bit cause like you, I hadn't seen that problem before and I've used Hitec servos in everything.
Doug

ron1950
06-26-2012, 11:23 AM
i had it installed in a inaccessable aera of a new jersey skiff....took a few hours and alot of bruses on my hands to get the darn thing out and put a jr servo in....lots of cussing too....lol...guess i will go back to traxxas 2075 or get a few more jr servos

Doug Smock
06-26-2012, 11:30 AM
If you don't mind, just for grins see if that servo will work properly in the throttle channel. I'm curious!
Thanks Ron.

ron1950
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
yup worked in throttle position but could feel it shaking slightly in my hand but arm stayed still

Doug Smock
06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
yup worked in throttle position but could feel it shaking slightly in my hand but arm stayed still

Interesting. Thanks Ron!
D.

properchopper
06-26-2012, 12:44 PM
bought a hitec 645mg for one of my boats ...installed as usuall and when i started the boat up....it had the shakes bad....chattered back and forth wouldnt quit etc..tryed it outside the boat ...same no improvement so tryed another reciver same no change.....is there a repair station for hitech se:Sinking:rvos or chuck this one out the window? thanks

FWIW I started out with the 645MG in tunnels - seemed like the go-to servo at the time. Had the buzzing/stuttering prob and the gears stripped way too easily (yup tunnels are hard on servos I'll admit). While they're designated as a MG or "metal gear" servo, the metal gear that constantly lost teeth was thinner than a piece of paper and the rebuild kit was $18 or so. For that kind of money I started buying HK or HP servos that were way stronger and never looked back.

As far as working on the impossible to reach JS internals, I'm training my pet hamster to use simple hand tools to get inside and make adjustments.:cool:

properchopper
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
i had it installed in a inaccessable aera of a new jersey skiff....took a few hours and alot of bruses on my hands to get the darn thing out and put a jr servo in....lots of cussing too....lol...guess i will go back to traxxas 2075 or get a few more jr servos

I can totally relate : I had my arm jammed hard inside my skiff holding a transom nut when the UPS driver knocked. Pulling my arm out to answer the door would have taken time, and I needed to be carefull since I had fresh artwork on my arm. I answered the door and had to sign the UPS document with my left hand (I'm right-handed) as the UPS driver looked on at a human-alien with, instead of the usual two arms, had one arm and one boat . I didn't bother to explain :crying:

LarrysDrifter
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
I had the same prob in my rock racer mobile. Plugged a capacitor in the RX, and the prob went away.