PDA

View Full Version : ESC to motor connection

NorthernWaters
06-22-2012, 08:08 PM
Hey guys.... just un-boxed my new MG.... is this correct?....

the wires that connect the ESC to the motor are connected as follows,,,

white/black.... makes sence
blue/red
red/blue

kinda does not make sense?..... I am about to pull the ESC and connectors out to do some soldering and I want to make sure I connect everything back up as it should be.....

As a new guy in the sport I value your input......Thanks

KEN

m4a1usr
06-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey guys.... just un-boxed my new MG.... is this correct?....

the wires that connect the ESC to the motor are connected as follows,,,

white/black.... makes sence
blue/red
red/blue

kinda does not make sense?..... I am about to pull the ESC and connectors out to do some soldering and I want to make sure I connect everything back up as it should be.....

As a new guy in the sport I value your input......Thanks

KEN

The wire colors do not really matter. You could remove the wires from their current attachments and make them Blue to Blue, Red to Red and Black to white. What matters is correct rotation. As they are currently connected, make sure you note the direction the motor is turning. Upon reconnecting, make sure it rotates that same way. What color to color doesnt matter. Its about the motor making the prop rotate the right direction for travel.

John

NorthernWaters
06-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks..... I just dont wanna mess things up before the boat get in the water!!!..... besides the black and white neutral... the color scheme had me messed up!

Fluid
06-22-2012, 09:56 PM
If the motor spins the wrong direction after you reconnect everything, just reverse any two wires. Simple.

JIM MARCUM
06-23-2012, 04:28 PM
:iagree: Also, sometimes it's hard to tell visually which way the shaft/prop is rotating. It's easy to to tell if you put your hand a safe distance behind the prop, blip the throttle and feel the prop breeze. No breeze, it's running in reverse. JIM:spy: