PDA

View Full Version : Some help with a propeller nut.

axus
06-21-2012, 12:24 AM
Hello everyone!
Last weekend I took my brand new (used) EKOS for a little test drive.
After a couples minutes of high-speed fun I noticed my boat was running a bit sluggish. I took it in for a check.
It turns out I had not tighten-enough the flex cable of one of my engines, it came loose in the middle of a turn.
So now my shaft, propeller, lug nut, and just about everything within the strut is resting peacefully at the bottom of a murky lake...
I managed to find most of the parts online.
BUT I have not been able to find a little nut that tightens the propeller. I've attached a picture of the part I'm referring to.
Could anyone help me find it?

tlandauer
06-21-2012, 12:48 AM
If I am correct, the original stock set-up is w/o the bullet nut, the seller must have up graded this, I don't understand why you need both the regular hex nut and the bullet. I think if you want to find a hex nut,this being a Venom product, they use metric system, it may be a M3 or M4 nylon lock nut---not hard to find. Be aware that if you are going to thread thru this nut, it will be difficult to tighten this lock nut---they are not meant to be used this way, if you only need this for spacing, use a regular nut, then use thread locker to secure the bullet nut, important---don't ask how i know!

LarrysDrifter
06-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Its 4mm. Use a "zuber" nut. Its a locknut, but without the plastic. They are supposed to be threaded through, its what "locks" the nut. Use a towel or rag to hold the prop and tighten the nut. If its not difficult to tighten, its defective or wore out...use a new nut. As for bullet nuts, dont use them unless you want to lose more props. They do nothing for performance and are for looks only. I dont care if you use Loktite, they will come off, costing you more money.

martin
06-21-2012, 03:29 PM
The locknut has been put on before the bullet to save loosing a prop as the bullets come undone. as been said you wont see any difference in performance using a bullet nut. Just use regular nylock or any other lock nuts.

tryinotocrash
07-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Also go to a hobby shop and buy wheel collars with the proper inside dia. and setscrew . Slip that over the end of the shaft between the motor and stuffing tube and tighten set screw. Hard to loose a shaft with this setup.Prop is different story follow previous advise. We all have props and shafts in the bottom of our lakes too. SUX.