PDA

View Full Version : Revolt 30 chine walk

brushlessfreak
06-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Anyone else have a severe chine walk issue,i can barely keep it on the water,any advice would be appreciated.thanks

Doby
06-20-2012, 01:55 PM
What prop, strut settings, battery location etc....... more info needed.

Grimracer
06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Doby is right.. we need more info..

Lets however add this.

The boat HAS TO BE IN THE WATER.. meaning you can not have it full loose and expect it to ride well.

You can pull up the turn fins and rotate them back some and that will help

You might want to run the inner set of trim tabs 1/4 Turn lower then the outers.

Grim

ron1950
06-20-2012, 02:14 PM
hey grim what about a stright edge to see if the tabs are actually going to touch the water....

Grimracer
06-20-2012, 02:50 PM
hey grim what about a stright edge to see if the tabs are actually going to touch the water....

huh:blink:

Just so you know.. I set the tabs up from the bottom 1mm so there is no chance of drag. AND.. so you know.. and trust me.. they are more then effective in that position.

Grim

ron1950
06-20-2012, 04:47 PM
ya but did the 8 year old chinese girl that put the hardware on the boat know that?

Grimracer
06-20-2012, 05:10 PM
ya but did the 8 year old chinese girl that put the hardware on the boat know that?

Im not not quite in tune with what you are saying.. must be my old age....

:patriot:

Grim

brushlessfreak
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
sorry about lack of info,running the stock prop,strutup a little over from stock,fins in stock location and tabs in stock location i am however running a castle 1515 2200kv.i am new to mono's and primarily run cats..thanks guys

Grimracer
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Also Ron1950.. not sure this helps cuz so far you have not reviled your past expertise.. Please do.. I might be preaching.

The radii on the bottom to transom can vary a small amount based on sanding and paint. So you know (maybe you already do) risking the plates hanging down into that radii is a very bad deal. Especially that ours have a square sharp edge (carbon fiber).
Take a looks at your Revolt and you will see what I mean. You do have a Revolt right?

Anyhow. As you know water will climb that radii and the trim plates will load. If one wants to lower them that’s OK with me. That works too. Just don’t get them into that radii.

Ever see a picture of a mono leaning away from you in the corner. If you look close you can see water all the way up the dead rise and to the shear. Same rule applies here.

Grimracer

LiPo Power
06-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Turn fins up a little. They only need to be wet on turns.
Lift strut by touch, use X642 prop and you have easy 40+ MPH boat....
Great job Grimracer....
Just got one few minutes ago!!!! :buttrock:

Rumdog
06-21-2012, 06:52 PM
A 1515 is in the boat, guys. Move your packs forward. Test. If still too light on the water, add a bit of negative trim to the strut. Test. Still too loose, negative on the inside trim tabs. Test. One or all will fix it. One at a time though, so you can diagnose your problem.