PDA

View Full Version : Prop choice for Miss Geico and Impulse 31

Crawler Ted
06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
HEy guys , as the title says i need some help with prop choice .

I have a Miss Geico and an Impulse 31 .
I am currently running the spartan castle setup in both and loving it over the stock setup .
It's like a mild upgrade . 4s in the Geico , and 5s in the Impulse so far .

The prop I have been using is a Grim 42x55 right out of the package .
I am going to order some new shafts and a couple other parts from OSE right now .
I want to buy sharpened and balanced props ,Octura I assume ?
CAn Someone tell me which prop or props would be best for my boats with the electronics i'm running .

I dont need to try to break any speed records ,lol . Just sport boating I guess .
The 42x55 is pretty good so maybe its Octura equivelant ?

Thanks for helping me out !!:thumbup1:

JimClark
06-19-2012, 03:09 PM
search the forums there is loads of info on prop choices

wakesurfer8
06-23-2012, 11:28 PM
well i think that the x642 is a little bit more aggresive than the grim 42x55, so if you have some room you could try that or the m445 (be careful and watch temps)

Crawler Ted
06-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Cool ,thanks for the info .
I really want to buy sharpened and balanced until I can find someone local that does it well .
Are these available prepped ?
Gotta get my OSE order in ,
Sucks that im missing boating days , not a lot of em in calgary ,lol

well i think that the x642 is a little bit more aggresive than the grim 42x55, so if you have some room you could try that or the m445 (be careful and watch temps)

hazegry
06-25-2012, 03:04 PM
the 642 detounged does very well on the miss gieco if you want one done contact me. That grim needs to be sharpened and balanced just like any other prop if you run it for long like that your gonna have issues. I have a X642 and M445 in stock so turn around wouldnt take long.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/hazegry/Untitled-1.jpg

Boat guy
08-01-2012, 07:35 PM
I have 2 g racers. They need to be balanced and sharpened before using. One side of the shank is heavier than the other. Once the blades are balanced , I balanced the shank. Now purrs I have a 42x50 also that I worked over and it is fast also. That is the only brand my hobby shop stocks so I went with them. I may trim the 42x55 to see if it spins up faster. Not much hotter than stock w 40x52.