PDA

View Full Version : Esc blew up

Mike whiting
06-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I just bought the p1 and my second drive the esc blew up with in seconds. Couldn't believe it. Not hot just started driving. Runnin a 4s. And 640 prop. Why did it blow and is venoms customer service good?

tlandauer
06-17-2012, 04:57 AM
Did you buy new? I can only tell you my personal experience with them which was very good and pleasent! Many people here had negative experiences, and I think that dates to an earlier time. They have always returned my e-mail promptly and even followed up with phone calls. But it wat not for warranty work: I had to replace my motor in the P1 due to user error and they were out of stock at the time.
The ESC is the same as Seaking 60 amp. Should be fine on 4s with 40mm prop, although I ran x440 at the time. I now run X642 but with Seaking 120 a ESC. You may have a lemon and it is unfortunate, sorry to hear about that.

Mike whiting
06-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Yes it's brand new and ya I think I got a lemon. My brothers motley crew esc did the same thing. Aquacraft replaced it. I already orderd the 120a. Temps with the 642. Are fine?

tlandauer
06-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes! No problem, the motor is a bit warmer, but for out runners i am told it is fine. Hope you get the problem sorted out. If they replace a 60 amp ESC, you can save it for some other purpose, i think the 120 a is a good choice.
Cheers!

Mike whiting
06-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks

jamespl
06-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Did you get the esc wet? If so that might have caused it.

Mike whiting
06-27-2012, 09:45 PM
A little but not bad. Venom already hooked it up with the new one. So I'm back driving

Chris Nicastro
06-29-2012, 12:02 PM
If you plan to do prop changes and mods it would be in your best interest to buy a data logger or at least a watt meter. With boats you cant just swap props and not expect to have issues so its far better to learn what the power system is doing and know what to expect for loads and temps. Check out Eagle Tree Systems 150A data logger. The other guys I have introduced to this tool have loved it and made good choices based on the info they have studied from the data they collected. Its a must have tool for any electric RC tuning.