PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy 180 ESC issues...?

Brushless55
06-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey all, I'm having issues with my T180 esc that I bought in the swap shop..
I have 2 of these. one for my P-Spec and one for my P-Mono
the one I'm using for my UL-1 motor runs forward constantly... :confused1:
I swapped escs from my P boat to my spec boat.. same setting in the escs
one works perfect the other runs about 65-75% forward without any throttle input from the radio..
hit reverse and the motor stops, throttle back to neutral and it speeds back up :frusty:

anyone got some possible answers.. :confused2:

Basstronics
06-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Did you set the throttle endpoints?

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles/sx/file/Manual/HW-15.pdf

Brushless55
06-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Did you set the throttle endpoints?

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles/sx/file/Manual/HW-15.pdf

BAM!
that did it bro :bowdown:

still a little touchy but I will be able to race tomorrow.. :tiphat:

Basstronics
06-16-2012, 04:30 PM
It must of been calibrated to the previous owner still.

You should setup every ESC the first time.

:)

Brushless55
06-16-2012, 04:32 PM
yeah I had no idea I needed to check this
kinda thought it was auto when you plug it in..
thanks

petej
06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm having a similar problem with (3) SeaKing 120A ESCs. I've used them in a few different boats, now refurbishing my EKOS. One runs WOT until I hold the trigger fully pulled. Another runs WOT until I hold the trigger full reverse, ...
Thanks for waking me up to endpoint settings and to read the SeaKing ESC documentation :doh:

Brushless55
06-18-2012, 10:43 AM
for some reason it seams I still need to set these points after every run??

petej
06-18-2012, 11:16 AM
I rebound my Spektrum MR3000 receiver with the throttle trimmed to B50, reset the ESC endpoints, tested that when the TX is turned off, both motors did not spin.

Yesterday, it was quite windy and choppy, but wanted to test the EKOS. About one minute into the 2nd battery set, the thing went full-throttle on its own, submarined and vanished! The depth is probably ~ 30ft, very murky. The dog, wife and I swam the area for ~ 10 minutes and NO boat!. Then, suddenly, the bow bobbed above the surface. The port-side sponson had a big chunk of mud on it. Whew, thought I lost hundreds of dollars of motors, electronics, etc. :bowdown:
Back at the shore, I changed batteries, dried out the motors and all seemed well, but I'm not so sure. I suspect, the radio got so wet, it was just plain erratic.
With everything dry today, I'll verify ESC endpoints and default throttle settings with TX is off.

tlandauer
06-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I had the same problem with the Tactic, since it doen't have throttle end point, and the instruction says to set every thing to "max", I turned the throttle trim to max, I can calibrate and the motor responds accordingly, but the next time I connect batteries i have to redo it all over. So I learned for the Tactic at least the trim knob should be set at dead center ( 12 o'clock). Don't know which radio you use, just thought this is one bit of extra info for you. On Spektrum all End point is at max ( 5 o' clock) but the trottle trim is still at middle position.