PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Tree E-logger V4 w/ GPS

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I purchased the E-logger V4 and need some help setting this thing up. I'm running a 300 amp ESC set to run two batts in parallel. Is my diagram correct?

TheShaughnessy
06-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Looks correct. Just missing an Rx and some temp probes. The basics are all there though. Just make sure you don't mix up the esc side and the battery side.

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Looks correct. Just missing an Rx and some temp probes. The basics are all there though. Just make sure you don't mix up the esc side and the battery side.

Sorry but what is REX. I plan on adding temp probes and others once I can get this thing working. My main concern is if I overload my motor and draw more than 150 amps will I damage the e-Logger?

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 11:53 AM

Also,
my friend just bought an ESC from Fightercat and it has a 4 wire connector. do you know what that is for? It looks an awful lot like a data connection for an e-logger. wishful thinking right?

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Oh Rx not Rex make more sense. The diagram is more focused on the high current components

Prop-a-Gator
06-15-2012, 12:13 PM
The 4 wire connector on the FCR ESC is for factory diagnostics. I was told to protect it, tuck it away, and ignore it. I'm not sure if there is potential for future expansion/communication through that plug. FCR is working on a data logger so who knows.

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 12:15 PM
The 4 wire connector on the FCR ESC is for factory diagnostics. I was told to protect it, tuck it away, and ignore it. I'm not sure if there is potential for future expansion/communication through that plug. FCR is working on a data logger so who knows.

that's kinda what I was thinking. I was hoping it was compatible with the e-logger I just bought, but that'd be all too perfect. thanks

TheShaughnessy
06-15-2012, 12:40 PM
Did you read the thread about making eagle tree 300 amp capable? Haven't done it to mine, but others say it works fine.

carlcisneros
06-15-2012, 03:10 PM
the 4 wire plug is for firmware updates on the ESC.

Prop-a-Gator
06-15-2012, 03:44 PM
MT, thanks for the diagram. I've got an Eagletree+GPS ready to install and your diagram will help. I haven't been able to open and see what type of documentation they come with. (Father's day gift)
I noticed you're not messing around as far as cap banks! I also noticed they're wired in series with each battery. Most I've seen are wired in parallel with the ESC power leads. Any insights here, or reasons for doing it this way? I'm planning to add a cap bank as well, though I was just looking to add them close to the ESC and have the parallel connectors on the battery side of the cap bank.

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Series would have one +terminal wired to the other -two terminal. My diagram shows parallel y off the esc power leads

Prop-a-Gator
06-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Right. I probably should have worded that differently. My point is the battery power travels through your cap bank to the ESC vs. just having the cap bank make one connection to your power leads. Does that make sense? Maybe I'll have to draw something to explain.

Prop-a-Gator
06-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I've tried to illustrate what I mean. I've simplified by removing the ET stuff and the 2nd battery. My understanding of your circuit on top. Is there an advantage between the two circuits?

mtbenjamin77
06-15-2012, 05:25 PM
I've tried to illustrate what I mean. I've simplified by removing the ET stuff and the 2nd battery. My understanding of your circuit on top. Is there an advantage between the two circuits?

There could possibly be but on such a micro level that you'd see no difference
The way I have it the electrons would flow to the cap first then to the esc and reverse. The esc would draw from the cap first. Shorter flow of electrons since they don't have to backtrack. But again just on a ultramicro level. I chose to set mine up that way based on my layout ill post some pics