PDA

View Full Version : looking for a cheap boat to get into rc? i have a solution!!!

RAMROD5
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
i picked up a thunder tiger desperado jr obl yesterday, i wasnt expecting much for the 209 dollars i paid for it and an abs hull, i bought it for my wife to learn on.......

so i get home and open the box, holy crap! this thing looks nice!! pretty nice finish for a 200 dollar boat, but i still wasnt expecting much out of its performance........

after my shift was over at work, i walked out to my truck and grabbed the boat, threw in a battery, dropped it in the olympic sized pool and mashed the throttle, the boat all but jumped straight out of the water! once again, holy crap! the runtime was a modest 20 minutes on the 11.1v 3s 2200mah lipo (which also shocked me for a 27 inch boat) it handled great and everything performed better than expected.

bottom line, its a cheap boat, but probably the best money can buy for a rtr in the 200 price range, not sure on top speed, pool was not big enough to open it up for more than a few seconds.....low end torque is amazing on this boat.....it planes off like a rocket, straight up, in a second flat.

this is a new boat, hard to find, but she is out there, i found her while looking for a thunder tiger outlaw jr.
:smile:

RAMROD5
06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
i got mine off ebay, but heres a link
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCFXV&P=7