PDA

View Full Version : MG crashed, please help.

guven
06-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello everyone

I have crashed my new MG in first time i used it :(

As you see in picture, there is some cracks on nose. Also water seep in from here.

How can i fix it? I dont think find actual MG color from here (Turkey).

Please help.

srislash
06-10-2012, 08:35 AM
I think I would use cynacrylic glue on that crack.Try to get the crack to open a bit and get the glue in there.Use thin CA if you can(like you use for R/C car tires).The nose can be touched up with Glazing putty(autobody) or resin.Then touch up with paint.Either try to get something close or put a highlight color on the tips.

Shawn

guven
06-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks for reply.

Sorry but what do you mean with "CA" ? :blush:

If i can fix water issue, i want to paint noses with different color (Maybe orange?) What do you think?

Also what type of paint should I use? I have several tamiya polycarbonate sprays, should it work?

I think I would use cynacrylic glue on that crack.Try to get the crack to open a bit and get the glue in there.Use thin CA if you can(like you use for R/C car tires).The nose can be touched up with Glazing putty(autobody) or resin.Then touch up with paint.Either try to get something close or put a highlight color on the tips.

Shawn

srislash
06-10-2012, 09:28 AM
CA is cynoacrylic like this http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFHY1&P=0
The poly paint will work but will turn out flat.You can clear over it to make it shiny,or get the colour you like.

Darin Jordan
06-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Guys... Here is a tip... I've done this to several boats now and it really helps....

Mix up about 30cc or 2oz or ??? of epoxy... best not to use the 5-min stuff... use 30-min or something that will flow.

If you can get some milled fiber or have some fiberglass cloth that you can cut up into fine pieces, do that and mix it in to where the epoxy will still flow, but so there is plenty of fiber in there.

Then, pour a mixture in that amount down into the tip of each sponson, stand the boat up on it's tips, and let it flow down into that area and harden. Will help to keep the tips from splitting on impact.

Please not that on a lot of these RTR hulls... the "cracks" are not actually in the fiberglass, but rather in the rather brittle primer base coat that they spray over the glass.

guven
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
What type of paint do you recommend?
Im gonna paint just front of noses. Probably orange.

Darin Jordan
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
What type of paint do you recommend?
Im gonna paint just front of noses. Probably orange.

I have a Mystic that I had to work on the tips on and I did just that.... Picked up some florescent orange RC Car paint and just painted the tips. Looks really cool....

guven
06-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry but i dont understand.

Should i paint tips directly? I can see fibers on damaged one. I think there is required for an undercoat application, isnt it?

I have a Mystic that I had to work on the tips on and I did just that.... Picked up some florescent orange RC Car paint and just painted the tips. Looks really cool....

srislash
06-10-2012, 11:06 PM
You can use some putty or filler to smooth the tip where it got scraped.

guven
06-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks guys.

If i paint with Tamiya PS-24 (Rc car paint) it will be not shiny right?

How can i make it shiny?

guven
06-11-2012, 04:54 AM
I have asked about Tamiya PS -24 to our local rc store. He say its not ideal for boat paint. He suggest TS series Tamiya.

Im confused, please help.

srislash
06-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Well,it is not ideal and it will turn out flat in colour.If you get the TS series it will have that gloss look and you will be done with it.