PDA

View Full Version : Turnigy T180 ESC ??

woodster
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
I ran mine today and I think it got a little wet. It's now blinking a red light 3 times. Is that whats wrong with it? Or maybe my motor? Thanks for any help

stadiumyamaha
06-09-2012, 11:19 PM
I would bet its a receiver problem.

woodster
06-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks.. I'll try a different one and see what happens

woodster
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
I don't think its the receiver as it seems to be working fine with the steering servo... Hoping someone here has had experience with a wet T180?

tlandauer
06-10-2012, 12:45 AM
Is this the same as Seaking 180A? if yes, I had one submerged for 30 min. and was ok, they are supposed to have been sealed. But you never know. If I were you I will wait a day or two then try again. Also check for corrosion, after that the contacts were all green ( the lead that goes to the Receiver, the lipo plugs, etc., ) At the time I was using good Thunder Power lipo, I called the factory and the tech guy said it is typical for Lipo to have immediate corrosion and anything that is connected with the lipo at the time of water sudmerging, he said to just use a stiff brush or some object to scrape away the corrosion. I waited a month to try the lipo, waited until no trace of moisture was present, but the ESC was ok ( looked inside the plastic case and couldn't see any trace of water).

JIM MARCUM
06-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't think its the receiver as it seems to be working fine with the steering servo... Hoping someone here has had experience with a wet T180?

You can speed the drying up thing by dipping it in a bowl of rubbing alcohol. The higher the % of alcohol the better. Blow it out LIGHTLY with compressed air and let it dry thouroghly for a few days. T-180s are one of the toughest ESCs made & are hard to kill. A little spray-on sealant on the circuit boards (after it's dry) will help in case of any future dunkings. JIM:spy:

woodster
06-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi just an update, I dipped it in 90% alcohol and let it sit for a week, still no luck. I went ahead and picked up another T180, and I'm wondering do any of you spray Liquid Tape on the outside of the ESC? Where there are exposed wires and contact points? I was thinking about trying some on the new ESC but thought I would ask first. Thanks

woodster
06-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Well I went ahead and sprayed all of the contact points with the liquid tape stuff, hopefully this will help some more with waterproofing the ESC

TINY
06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Pull the case off, give all components a thourough scrub with toothbrush and contact cleaner. Reasemble.. Drill a small hole in plastic cover and pump in liquid electrical tape...WATER PROOF

Do it to all mine, never had fail..

woodster
06-22-2012, 07:40 PM
That sounds great Tiny! Thanks for the help. I'll do this as well

oscarel
06-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Where and when did you buy it? If from Hobbyking they will warranty it.

woodster
06-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I bought it from a forum member but it was brand new. It still looks great, and to me it looks like nothing got wet. I still can't figure out why it doesn't work anymore.

BHChieftain
06-22-2012, 07:59 PM
I don't think you can go wrong sealing the thing up with spray tape... I do the same thing with my "waterproof" proboat escs...

Cheap insurance.

Chief

oscarel
06-22-2012, 08:15 PM
From the manual

After power on, motor does not work, such an alert tone is emitted:
“beep-, beep-, beep- ”(Every “beep-” has a time interval of about 2 seconds)

Throttle signal is irregular

Rudder channel may work, throttle channel may be bad. Does the throttle channel work with another ESC?

woodster
06-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Yep the rudder works fine, and it doesn't emit any beeps. Just red light blinks one at a time.

brew99
06-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I think when I first hooked my T180 up and tried to calibrate it, I had the same "no beep" and flashing light thing as you described. Turned out I had to put my throttle channel on the TX to "REV" instead of normal.

oscarel
06-23-2012, 07:30 AM
I ran mine today and I think it got a little wet. It's now blinking a red light 3 times. Is that whats wrong with it? Or maybe my motor? Thanks for any help

Is it blinking three times or one? Make sure there's no prop on it and put it on the rudder channel, turn the wheel a little and see if the motor turns.

johnnywall
11-04-2012, 01:20 AM
I also have a T-180 that thinks its a turnsignal and blinks with no beeps and no throttle response .....steering channel works fine. Does anybody else have any more tips out there? Im sure there are some FE addicts out there who have lots of experience with this esc and have fried hundreds! lol....then sob.