PDA

View Full Version : really thinking about buying a MC need some extra info before I do

Jason4636
06-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Deleted

yoffer
06-09-2012, 04:45 AM
I just bought my MC about 2 weeks ago and i love it. The first thing i did was look over everything to make sure everything was tight and nothing was out of place. I took out the flex cable and strut bushing and lubed them up. I also went over the strut bushing with a 3/16th drill to debur the inside and i also polished the outside of it with a dremel to smooth it out and remove any edges that there may be. I did order the upgraded flex drive before i even went got the boat at my hobby shop because i read of the stock one failing, but i ordered mine through kintecracing.com because OSE was sold out. Now as far as the stock prop goes, you could get the Grim Racer one straight off the bat but remember you will have to get it sharpened and balanced before you can run it safely. The stock one on mine lasted about 6 runs before it blew. Other than that, the boat is a blast, i love it. After adjusting the strut height a bit, its just awesome. I am currently running (2) 2s 5000mah 25c lipo's and it gives me about 5-6 minutes of runtime. Ive only hit the low voltage studder once, and ive been timing my runs other than that one time.

ksaucerman
06-10-2012, 11:33 PM
The motley crew is a great handling boat stock, when you start upgrading the motor it can not handle a blowover. However at 63 mph it is very stable but if you catch a little wind and it blows off it cracks and breaks. If you get one my best suggestion is leave it stock