PDA

View Full Version : New MG Owner

NorthernWaters
06-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Hey all.... I have a MG on order so I can run the ponds with my dad.... I have a couple questions for everyone.

I have read about the flex shaft issues..... How do I determine if the stock one is the correct one?

will the stock 45a ESC be ok with (2X) 2s 5000mah 45c lipos?

Other than adding batteries, I want to run the MG stock out of the box before I get hooked into upgrading... Heh Heh! Speaking of, what are some of the easier upgrades?.... Prop suggestions?

Thanks in advance

PS.... I am completely new to this so o easy on me...:tongue:

NorthernWaters
06-07-2012, 10:16 PM
OK.... the MG has been officialy ordered....... The wait begins.

Still awaiting some feedback on my above post..... I really want to order the correct batteries for the RTR set up.

lectriglide
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Shaft issues were corrected a loooong time ago, so that should be a non-issue. The stock electronics are fine with 2 x 2s 45c 5000's. Prop upgrade with the stock equipment would be the X642. Time to do a lot of reading on this forum, lots and lots of good info.

Nealkot
06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I agree with lectriglide, just don't put too big a prop on that sucker and the stock esc will be fine on 4s. I would get a SK180 (esc) though, then the sky is the limit.

HYDROJERRY
06-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Enjoy what you get for now bro,, the batteries will be an upgrade from Nimhs so theres your first upgrade!!! i agree with lectriglide, get a x642 and have some fun for now..:rockon2:

skyhighdiver
06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
I second this
The first step after a prop is to get a seaking 180A esc then your covered no matter what you through in her.
I also was going to run stock but after only 3 runs I started the upgrade ladder and now after wrecking one hull in high speed crash, I have 2 as needed a second to play with while I fixed the first.
One is just a little faster than stock and the other for all out wow factor at the lake. I was able to epoxy my broken one so use it for the fun boat.
I will say after many trials and many errors. That anyone going above stock set up needs to reinforce the hull from the inside. The easiest thing to do is fiberglass resin and mat cut strips of mat stuff down inside with a wood stick pour resin in and roll around hull you can also tape a brush to a dowel or hanger and use that to brush resine on the cloth and adjust it if needed.
After that sets up fill the front with foam. Rather its 2 part marine foam or great stuff in a can this helps stick it all together as well as firming up the front were it usually splitters in a crash. If using great stuff use the small gap filler type and fill hull in 2 fills first one half way wait a day then finish off this reduces the chance of splitting here open by overfilling in first try.

Shaft issues were corrected a loooong time ago, so that should be a non-issue. The stock electronics are fine with 2 x 2s 45c 5000's. Prop upgrade with the stock equipment would be the X642. Time to do a lot of reading on this forum, lots and lots of good info.