PDA

View Full Version : Got my Blue Revolt

electric
06-05-2012, 10:49 PM
I like the boat, looks very nice and I think the low profile and the flexiblity of the battery placement and 4s or 2/2s is great because I have both types of batteries. Here are some observations and work I did on it tonight.
1. Paint job looks perfect to my eyes. Great job.
2. Hardware looks as good in real life as the pictures.
3. I have changed the deans to 5.5 mm plugs since that is what I use.
4. I broke out the dremel and corrected the intake issue that Grim described.
5. While dremeling the set screw came out that holds the rudder in place. I noticed the rudder had a lot of play in it when I took it out box. Could just be mine, but certainly check all the screws. Loctite.
6. Motor was lined up perfectly.
7. Installed my radio with no issues.
8.The stickers on the top where the deck has some sharp angles were not applied correctly, they did not press the sticker into the sharp bend as they put them on so they are not stuck down. Not a big deal to me, and I will probably change that later anyway.
9. Probably could have used a 1/4" more length on the water line running from the tube to the rudder, but it looks functional. Tubing is not that great, but reasonable and should work fine. I am just used to the thick water tubing because of the boats I build and and run.

My plan is to run this boat stock and just "play" with it since I have other boats dedicated to racing. I will try out the prop grim recommended(should be in tomorrow). If I get some time this week I will hook it up to the datalogger and see what I get stock and then switch out the prop.

My family has been racing supervee's for years and I am hoping to convince my sibling's to move up to this boat for better handling after I check it out.

Grimracer
06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Good review..

I will say this.. EVERYTIME.. I have asked to have locktite placed on a screw its gets somehow placed in areas it should not be. I have been stressing more.. "just tighten the screws".

Sorry the set screw came loose.. good eye on that one.

Grim