PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum Radio

all in
05-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Just got the 2.4 spectrum set up. I was told the antenna does not need to be external of the hull is this true??? The receiver antenna is short and this would be great because it will not reach the back of the hull.

ozboater
05-08-2008, 11:58 PM
i just put a dx2.0 in my sv.... i left the antenna internal... does glitch occasionally, but then again i run on a residential lake with lots and lots of interference... the glitching is NOTHING compared to the AM junk it came with... if it bothers me in the future (not likely) i ll expose what little of the antenna wire i can...

Jeepers
05-09-2008, 12:21 AM
There is a member in our club who just lays it in the hull no problems.

I figure if it has a wire for an antenna, its there for reason therefore it must exit the hull in my boats.

why take the extra chance of having a high $$$$ fe boat the could possibly run away.

JimClark
05-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Exit it

I think even the factory recommends to exit out the hull as far as possible

eboat
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
I have the same radio system in my stuff also
I moved the reciever to the back of my boat and put the antenna wire out the back of my SV
I have 3 other boats that I never bothered making the wire exit the boat and have had zero problems with (the radio part of it )and I do go to the club races with them

ETOWNE
05-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I run mine in the tuperware inside my BJ. Not aproblem yet. I'm using spektrum dx3r.

highndry
05-12-2008, 07:23 PM
For what its worth, I was a major fan of Spektrum until I had several major issues that were clearly radio induced. I used it in high $$ gassers. Never again. Stick to FM PCM or the Futaba FAAST 2.4. The distributors will advise not to use Spektrum in h20 and they are right. For those that swear by it ( like me previously ), its just a matter of time.....

Fluid
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I've watched FM and PCM boats lose control too - no electronic contraption is completely fool proof. Sorry you had a problem. Over two years with Spektrums in all my boats, oval racing and SAWs, and the only issues were due to my idiocy - undervoltage receiver packs, something the FAAST is prone to as well. YMMV, but I'm not scared. :bounce:

Jeepers
05-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Most members of the club use spektrum and the have the least amount of problems with it.

The two major issues I had with spektrum was when my receiver pack failed (no voltage). other than that they have been flawless (for me)