PDA

View Full Version : Strut Height?

yoffer
06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi guys, just got my MC about a week ago and ran it about 5 times. I am a new to boats, so cut me some slack lol. This last time i ran it i read that raising the strut height would raise the nose up and make it run less wet. I saw a post by grim that he ran his by laying it flat on a table and setting it level with the bottom of the hull (sponsons) which is what i decided to do as a good starting point. Out of the box the strut is below the sponsons by a couple of cm's, is that normal?? Well after setting the strut level with the sponsons and setting the angle to 0 i ran it and it didnt seem any faster, but it did run a litter dryer. What i did notice also is that there is more cavitation when starting off and on hard left turns it will spin out (normal?). Just wondering where i should go from here for a more optimal adjustment.

jeepme
06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
keep the strut where it is at and change the prop to a Auqua craft grimm racer 42x55.

dana
06-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Having the prop up more won't gain you much speeds, but it will lower temps, lower amps, and make the boat handle better. As for spin outs? Maybe you're just trying to turn too tight of a radius with it. Better than flipping it tho right? Try raising the strut 1/8 above sponson bottoms, see what that does. Usually with cats, I run the strut above. For ex my mean machine runs best when the strut is 1/4 above sponsons. Worth a try

dana
06-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Btw, strut heights and things of that nature mean nothing when opening a rtr. They don't test them they just throw them together and box em. The china lady that assembled yours don't give a crap lol

yoffer
06-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok. I made a mark where the strut was out of the box. I moved it to that position and now im going to slowly work my way up until i find which strut height works the best. I made that mark on the strut so that way i would always have a baseline to go back to.